#1 jlet19

jlet19

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

im cloning my 160 gb hard drive to a 250gb hard drive.
same model, series, brand andd everthing.

its been taking a day to clone using xbox hard disk maker, and i only have abotu 120-140 gigs worth of stuff on there.

the hard drives are on primary master(source) and primary(destination) slave. the cd drive is on secondary master

is this normal to take this long? and can u clone a hard drive to a bigger drive?

#2 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

Well what I would suggest may sound ridiculous but have you tried doing this altho may take a long time but you are setting up the old drive for use in a PC:

THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH A MODCHIP!!!

Format the new hard drive to be NTFS fat32 whatever: Use XBSM for your saves and ftp everything else to the drive. Now take your 160GB format that to ntfs or fat32 your prefernce here again as well. take everything and just copy it back to the 160GB drive. Flash your chip with an appropriate .67 bios if you want a G partition, Delete the partition on the 250GB hard drive and now use slayer's to format the drive properly for temporary purposes so you can ftp everything back to the 250GB drive. You should be finished from there.

#3 jlet19

jlet19

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:42 AM

see if i was going to so that i could juss ftp my 160 gig to my external drive on my comp, then download that to my 250.

can u clone 2 different sized hard drives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users