5 replies to this topic

#1 The Bat

The Bat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:17 AM

I'm not a newbie to XBox homebrew, but I must be missing something very, very obvious. Despite being able to set up XBMC, EVOX, Avalaunch, and over a dozen emulators over the past few years, as well as modding various games through inserting the textures made by others, I can't get MPEG files recognized on my XBox with Daphne.

I use the same m2v, dat and ogg files as what Daphne uses successfully on my PC. The files are in the appropriate directories, such as mpeg\ace for Space Ace, mpeg\lair for Dragons Lair, and so forth. That directory has been within the Daphne directory itself (F:\Apps\Emulators\Daphne\mpeg\ace), directly off the F drive (f:\mpeg\ace), and even off the root of a DVD (since it says it can't find d:\mpeg\ace\sa-whatever.m2v).

The directory listed in the first line of framefile.txt has had every variation of the directory name that I've seen suggested, including .\mpeg\lair, .mpeg\lair, \mpeg\lair, and a few others, with all combinations done with all combinations listed of directory placement. Other than the directory specified in the first line, I've left the rest of framefile.txt the same as what works in the PC.

Could someone who has succeeded in getting Xbox Daphne to work respond with the contents of their framefile, and the directory of their mpegs for reference? Or could anyone point out what I might be missing here? XS Search is offline, and dozens of links through Google failed to turn up anything helpful.

Edited by The Bat, 21 March 2006 - 03:35 AM.

#2 [Captain_America]

[Captain_America]

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:Computers, xbox, halo.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:44 AM

sorry, i gotta go to bed and the post is way to loooongg. lol. maybe ill help you tomarrow. w0000t sprink break is coming!!!! W0000)T

#3 The Bat

The Bat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, sorry for the length of my OP. I work in tech support, and people who are too lazy to do their own research and expect me to do it for them, probably annoys me as much as the regulars here. Just thought I'd point out I'm not one of those people before the hammer started swinging. cool.gif

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:55 AM

Didn't read your full post, but I'll come back to it later when I get home.

But hey, my dad does tech support and I always love what he says "it should be mandatory that everyone of those idiots has to have a webcam on there head while talking to tech support".

#5 [Captain_America]

[Captain_America]

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:Computers, xbox, halo.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

ha ha, seems that nobody has time to read the full post. lol. i read it all and have no clue what ur talkin about since i dont do that stuff. sorry. good luck biggrin.gif

#6 The Bat

The Bat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Mar 21 2006, 07:02 PM) View Post

Didn't read your full post, but I'll come back to it later when I get home.

But hey, my dad does tech support and I always love what he says "it should be mandatory that everyone of those idiots has to have a webcam on there head while talking to tech support".

I believe that "stupidity should be painful" would be more effective. Do you know those urban legends that you sometimes hear about with people calling up, thinking their CD tray is a cup holder or that the internet doesn't need an internet connection? I've gotten most of those, and my co-workers have had the few which I haven't (yet).

Now if I could only get Daphne to recognize the video files on my XBox... smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users