5 replies to this topic

#1 sloney03

sloney03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:16 AM

Okay so I thoght I knew what I was doing with the whole softmod thing but I fear I have Screwed it up bad. First I used the splinter cell exploit and ftp'd to the box and backed up my whole 3.43 gig of info. Then I used a soft mod installer to install evox and to make a long story short I didnt back up the eeprom and now I cant get the original hard drive to load or my new 120 gig. So what I want to know is how bad is it and can it be fixed.
I have an xbox with the original xecuter chip that works fine. I can boot the 120 gig in it but I get error code 06 in the new xbox. I tried following the tuts but failed so please dont lecture me on that. I really need help here.

#2 pichon

pichon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:22 AM

can you put the old drive in, coldboot sc and uninstall the softmod? what happens whith the old hdd in?

Edited by pichon, 21 March 2006 - 05:23 AM.

#3 Kolk1604

Kolk1604

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(sloney03 @ Mar 20 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

Okay so I thoght I knew what I was doing with the whole softmod thing but I fear I have Screwed it up bad. First I used the splinter cell exploit and ftp'd to the box and backed up my whole 3.43 gig of info. Then I used a soft mod installer to install evox and to make a long story short I didnt back up the eeprom and now I cant get the original hard drive to load or my new 120 gig. So what I want to know is how bad is it and can it be fixed.
I have an xbox with the original xecuter chip that works fine. I can boot the 120 gig in it but I get error code 06 in the new xbox. I tried following the tuts but failed so please dont lecture me on that. I really need help here.

You dont need to backup C, its not needed. All you need to do is back up your EEPROM and you'll be fine. What happens when you try and boot your original HD?

Error 6, cant unlock HD. Its kinda hard to unlcok your HD when you never backed up the EEPROM. As long as your Xbox can unlock your original HD, then you can still save your Xbox.

#4 sloney03

sloney03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

original hd wont boot error 6

#5 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

if you cant boot either drive without getting either error code 5 or 6 then you need a chip. Although this will only fix error code 5 by locking the hdd. Error code 6 is when the hdd is locked to another eeprom, so somehow the drive is locked to another xbox motherboard and yours cant unlock it at boot. A chip wont fix this, but to fix an unlocked drive you run a hacked bios and it will let you boot to then lock it. If you locked a drive using an app like evox, configmagic etc they often have master unlock passwords. Using xboxhdm you could try unlocking the drives with passwords like "XBOXSCENE", "TEAMASSEMBLY".

What do 99% of the guides say, backup your eeprom, your stupid not to when softmodding.
But yeah a chip will fix an unlocked hdd, but a locked one should function if its from your xbox, however error code 6 indicates its locked to another.

#6 sloney03

sloney03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for the feed back. I have ordered a chip (xecuter 2.6 CE Plus) and hope to have it in by tommorow. But just to clarify. I have a new hard drive from staples (120 gig). I returned the other one so I could start fresh. When I put the chip in with the new formatted HDD and put a slayers boot disk in I should be able to build a new HDD from that and lock it to that xbox? From what ive read that sounds like it should work. But if I am wrong please feel free to correct me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users