Photo

Problem Trying To Access Msdash With Softmodded Xbox.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jcs2380

jcs2380

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:33 AM

I have a softmodded xbox with evox as the dash and I was trying to access the msdash. I tried clicking on the xboxdash.xbe in E:/orig_backup and it gave me a error 21. Now I was just reading something in another forum and it says if you run the xboxdash.xbe thats in your backup folder and you dont have the latest msdash(5960) which I dont think I have that you destroy your msdash. Is this true? Is my msdash permanantly ruined.

#2 Kolk1604

Kolk1604

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(jcs2380 @ Mar 20 2006, 08:40 PM) View Post

I have a softmodded xbox with evox as the dash and I was trying to access the msdash. I tried clicking on the xboxdash.xbe in E:/orig_backup and it gave me a error 21. Now I was just reading something in another forum and it says if you run the xboxdash.xbe thats in your backup folder and you dont have the latest msdash(5960) which I dont think I have that you destroy your msdash. Is this true? Is my msdash permanantly ruined.

Xboxdash.xbe needs to be patched before you can use it. (Well, thats what needed to be done in the past) What mod did you install?

#3 witfill

witfill

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:39 AM

kolk's right on. the softmods work by exploting those font files on the c drive. the xboxdash points to those files, so if you try to run the original dash, you'll get problems.

in the old days, you renamed the original font files something else (*.bak for instance), and then had to use a hex editor to edit "xboxdash.xbe" to point to the original font files, which are now renamed, instead of the hacked ones.

virtual c makes it so much easier. do some searches for it and see if you can use it.

#4 jcs2380

jcs2380

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(Kolk1604 @ Mar 20 2006, 11:43 PM) View Post

Xboxdash.xbe needs to be patched before you can use it. (Well, thats what needed to be done in the past) What mod did you install?

Since I didnt patch it though and I ran the xboxdash.xbe from my backup folder Is my msdash permanently ruined? I hope its not I guess I'll do some searches on virtual C now. Thanks for your help.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:35 AM

Does your Xbox still run fine or do you just get the Error 21 code?

What dashboard are you using and where does it point to to access the MS Dash? Have you tried running that file?

#6 Kolk1604

Kolk1604

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(jcs2380 @ Mar 20 2006, 09:36 PM) View Post

Since I didnt patch it though and I ran the xboxdash.xbe from my backup folder Is my msdash permanently ruined? I hope its not I guess I'll do some searches on virtual C now. Thanks for your help.

No, it's not ruined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users