#1 lfielder

lfielder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

Ok, so my xbox was working perfectly then it just stopped booting to the chip. I rechipped it and it still didn't work. I figured something screwed up with the lpc. It boots to MS dash fine, but my prob is my 120gb hard drive is locked to this mobo. I have purchased a new mobo. Is there a way i can unlock this drive? I have a friend with a modded xbox so I am wondering if I can use this method to unlock it or lock it to a different new working mobo.

basically i would
1)boot up modded box to slayers disc
2) boot up busted mobo box to MS dash
3) plug the ide from moded xbox hdd to the one i want unlocked
4)reformat? or just lock then unlock the hdd?? i would like to keep my saves, but not a huge deal as i would much rather save the HDD.

Would this method work or am I missing something. Is this confusing? If so please ask questions. I will be checking this topic frequently. biggrin.gif

#2 only2braincellz

only2braincellz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:43 PM

If the HDD is locked to that xbox, you can only use that xbox...

Do you have a backup of the HDD key and eeprom and all that? if so, you can do it from the PC using XBHDM (xbox harddrive manager).

A couple thing I have done to fix this in the past with minimal materials..
IF it boots to the MS dasf fine on this HDD then do this..

Soft mod it using whatever you want to use. Then you can get back into all your stuff. It will be the same, just may have to redirect a few xml's to find your games and apps again.

Or, you could use config majic after soft modding it to unlock it.

all in all, just put some soft mod files from a mem card on there and soft mod it and it will be back to somewhat normal. you will be able to get into and use everything at least.

Hope this helps

#3 alexmspqr

alexmspqr

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

If you have/can get hold of a copy of one of the exploitable games you could do this without the need to hotswap. Just run the exploit, backup EEPROM with evox and then unlock the HDD with your PC.

P.S. What you were talking about doing sounds like it should work, don't quote me on that though biggrin.gif, you should also be able to do it without the modded xbox by hotswapping with a PC running xboxhdm.

EDIT: Whoops, left the page open a while when I was writing the page didn't see your reply. and unlocking with config magic after exploit makes more sense than what I said.

Edited by alexmspqr, 21 March 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#4 lfielder

lfielder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

I am stupid!!! Thanks for the advice i am going to soft mod it. I have never done a softmod but it should be cheaper in the end as i can sell the new mobo i just bought. Thanks guys you have come through for me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users