X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, both modding and playing (Mostly Halo 2)<br />And Girls
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

Hi. What would you guys say is the best version of xbox to perform a TSOP flash on. I have been reading up on it and it seems like 1.0-1.1 is harder to do because there are solder points on the bottem of the mobo as well as the top unlike 1.2-1.5 which has them both on top. But on 1.0-1.1 you can install a larger bios or split it and install two bioses. So which is better is the bigger bios a lot different? Thanks.

#2 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

With the 1mb tsops, you can install the latest x2 bios which gives you lots of options - if you're fairly experienced with soldering it'll take you like 30 seconds at most smile.gif Just make sure to use flux

#3 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

I personally prefer 1.0/1.1 Xboxes to 1.2-1.5's. The 1mb BIOS is a great size, and is the standard size for most modchips these days (some have 2mb). You can split the BIOS with a switch to play on Live, plust, you have a larger capacity so you can use the newer X2 Bios. Soldering isn't much longer, only bad thing is you have to unscrew all the screws to flip over the motherboard. Which is nothing compared to the 1mb advantages.

#4 P.DOT

P.DOT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, both modding and playing (Mostly Halo 2)<br />And Girls

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:11 PM

Alright I guess I'll flash a 1.1. What would you guys say is the best 1mb bios?

By the way I'm planning on installing a 250gb HDD I don't know if this matters or not.

Edited by P.DOT, 21 March 2006 - 07:18 PM.

#5 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(P.DOT @ Mar 21 2006, 01:18 PM) View Post

Alright I guess I'll flash a 1.1. What would you guys say is the best 1mb bios?

By the way I'm planning on installing a 250gb HDD I don't know if this matters or not.

Personally if your wanting to back up some stuff use an X2 4981.67 or you can even try an EvoX m8 .67 so that you can make a G partition. If your not going to play on xbox live then I wouldnt worry too much about the switch (plus if you do that you might have to buy a heatsink for the MCPX chip, it likes to overheat after you install a switch). Only reason i suggest an .67 bios is what if you want to back sometthing up and need to format just one partition? But might as well add this G partition is a little slower but nothing really noticeable over the F partition and E partition is even a little quicker than F. But either way you go you cant go wrong. Just remember DONT USE AN X3 BIOS. Oh and yes the 1.0/1.1 board is definitely worth the extra work.

PS there are 2 flavors of both EvoX M8 and EvoX m8 plus, the extra flavor is for v1.6 modchips. Definitely do not try those.

Edited by JrracinFan8, 22 March 2006 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users