3 replies to this topic

#1 trygvelo

trygvelo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

I bought a used and already modded Xbox about six months ago. A while ago it started suddenly not working, it would start up as normal with a solid green light but after a while flash red and green. At some other times it would even turn itself on and off 2 times and the 3rd time stay on while flashing red. If I let it sit for a while or even shaking it lightly it would sometimes work again. Now it won't work at all.

As a TOTAL newbie I opened my Xbox and found a modchip with SST on it. I read a little on the net and found out a little about it. It is soldered to D0 (Xbox v1.0) and the LPC bus is connected via solderless contact points. I have tried cleaning the contact points and adjusting the position of the modchip. Depending on how well the pins are aligned to the LPC contact points I get either one of the two abovementioned error light codes.

I don't GET ANYTHING showing up on my TV. No video whatsoever. I just tried turning OFF my modchip and now I can hear some audio playing while starting up but no video now either.

Any ideas? Please help? I'm really lost here...

Cheers,
Trygve

#2 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

I would say that the solderless adapter isnt making a perfect connection to the LPC. Also the bank select switches for the chip might not be set to the correct bank. Is the d0 wire connected to the right point?

Edited by Cappi, 21 March 2006 - 11:19 PM.

#3 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(Cappi @ Mar 21 2006, 11:25 PM) View Post

I would say that the solderless adapter isnt making a perfect connection to the LPC. Also the bank select switches for the chip might not be set to the correct bank. Is the d0 wire connected to the right point?

i dont think there are banks he stated it was an sst chip (256k)but like he said try seating the adapter better

#4 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:26 PM

Going to need to resolder the D0, and while your at it ditch the solderless adapter if your decent at soldering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users