Von-Thordo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

I have just modded my xbox v1.6 with a Xecuter 3Ce Chip and I am about to flash it.
I am using 3294 Bios.

I have a laptop and a cross over cable.
I have followed the xecuter tuts but it says to open internet explorer and use the address but when i do this my laptop states this is not available offline and tries to connect.

Should I try and downoad FlashFXP to get my Bios onto the Box?
Shoud I rename the 3294 Bios to BIOS.Bin???

Any help is much appreciated
Von-Thordo

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

No, you don't use FXP to flash the X3. It should give you an IP address on screen, then you type that in and it should connect. You don't need to change the file to bios.bin unless you are flashing via disc.

I would recommend if it still doesn't work with the IP it gives you that you configure your IP on your PC to 192.168.0.101 and then set the subnet to 255.255.255.0, I don't think you need a DNS or Default Gateway. Then your XBOX should get an IP of 192.168.0.100. You also need to hit the flash via network tab before you can connect via IE to flash.

#3 Von-Thordo

Von-Thordo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

it does not seem to want to connect so I have created a new VPN with the IP address as 192.168.0.101 but i cannot find where to set to set the subnet?

I have deselected the DNS/gateway selection.

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

You might be able to do it without the subnet. Just see if it gives you an IP and if it will connect to that IP.

Here is a guide for using FlashFXP and a crossover cable. I don't think it will work with FlashFXP, but it does tell you how to set up all the stuff on both the xbox and PC

#5 Von-Thordo

Von-Thordo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

I'm starting to lose it!

I have run through the VPN setup creating one called xbox.
I have set up the ip address as 192.168.0.101
My xbox screen is currently sitting at the DHCP failed - falling back to 192.168.0.99

I try to access the connection but all i get is Error 800: Unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable, or security parameters etc. etc.

I was originally trying flash via dvd but i was told that the cross over cable method was much easier.

I think i am making some sort of school boy error but I'm unsure what it is.....

#6 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

set your ip on your pc to 192.168.0.98, the subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1, then when it says falling back to 192.168.0.99, open internet explorer and type http://192.168.0.99

#7 Von-Thordo

Von-Thordo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE(.:Dino:. @ Mar 22 2006, 12:46 AM) View Post

set your ip on your pc to 192.168.0.98, the subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1, then when it says falling back to 192.168.0.99, open internet explorer and type http://192.168.0.99

here goes the last of my cred.

how do i set up my IP, subnet and gateway address?

I have selected the properties on my internet connection and set the ip address but it does have the subnet or gateway adds just the Preferred dns and alternate dns?

should i leave the internet connection and create a new VPN connection?

#8 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:22 AM

Start>Control Panel>Network Connections (put it on classic view if needed)>LAN (local area network)>Properties>TCP/IP>then you can set the IP, Subnet, Gateway, and DNS

#9 Von-Thordo

Von-Thordo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:56 AM

smile.gif
QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Mar 22 2006, 01:29 AM) View Post

Start>Control Panel>Network Connections (put it on classic view if needed)>LAN (local area network)>Properties>TCP/IP>then you can set the IP, Subnet, Gateway, and DNS

Thank you very much!

this has finally cracked it!

I have now got the x3 flash screen and am about to flash....
I have my switches set to on on off off and the protect set to off.

I have picked up the following file 'X3 3294.bin' from the usual places and am about to select upload and flash.

Is there anything i need to do to the file before i do this?

don't make me become a statistic...

thanks for the help.

Edited by Von-Thordo, 22 March 2006 - 01:13 AM.

#10 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

Please don't flash a 1.6 bios unless you have a 1.6 xbox. Other than that, the 3294 bios (with 1.6 in the name) is fine on a 1.0-1.5.

If you are unsure of your version, check my sig.

Glad to hear that helped you.

Also, I would recommend not ever flashing over the backup bios. If you ever flash the wrong bios or it doesn't go right, you can boot the backup bios (power+eject on boot) and then set the switches for the bank you want to overwrite/flash. I think the only way that you can flash over the backup is by doing in in the X3 config Live. You are about to love your xbox so much more. I had a 1.6 with and X3CE, now I have that one and fixed my broken xbox (stock and died one day) mobo then put an X3CE in that one too. I love them.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 22 March 2006 - 01:16 AM.

#11 Von-Thordo

Von-Thordo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Mar 22 2006, 02:19 AM) View Post

Please don't flash a 1.6 bios unless you have a 1.6 xbox. Other than that, the 3294 bios (with 1.6 in the name) is fine on a 1.0-1.5.

If you are unsure of your version, check my sig.

Glad to hear that helped you.

Also, I would recommend not ever flashing over the backup bios. If you ever flash the wrong bios or it doesn't go right, you can boot the backup bios (power+eject on boot) and then set the switches for the bank you want to overwrite/flash. I think the only way that you can flash over the backup is by doing in in the X3 config Live. You are about to love your xbox so much more. I had a 1.6 with and X3CE, now I have that one and fixed my broken xbox (stock and died one day) mobo then put an X3CE in that one too. I love them.

ohmy.gif Okay it loaded smoothly went through the screens then shutdown. no christmas frag though!

I restarted with a quick press to enable the mod and she powered down about a second later...

oh well i'm still chuffed it's all progressing albeit slowly.

i checked the backup is still running so i will move forward with caution.

i tried your link on error codes but my work laptop has it restricted access enabled.

any clue...bad solder maybe?
as soon as i have this cracked i'm going to pick myself up a huge hard drive and put the box to work!

thanks for the help you're a star!

#12 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:44 AM

Not too sure... It appears that you are doing everything correct. Maybe double check these steps.

Make sure flash protect is set to off on the chip.

Set switches to On, On, Off, Off, Off (the last off is the protect on the external switch, both have to be off)

Boot your backup (the switches can be set before or after you boot the backup)

Then try to flash again. It should be a yellow bar, then turn green as it's flashing it.

When you boot, it should boot to the X3 config live screen.

I don't think it's a soldering problem as you are able to boot flashbios (it would frag instead of going to the flashbios screen)

With a bad flash normally it would cut on, cut off, cut on, cut off, then cut on and frag.

I mainly think it's the flash protect on the chip. I have tried to flash mine once a forgot to take the flash protection off on the chip. I thought I was going to rip my hair out after flashing like 5 different bios's and it still woulnd't work.

Let me know how it goes.

#13 Von-Thordo

Von-Thordo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Mar 22 2006, 02:51 AM) View Post

Make sure flash protect is set to off on the chip.

Set switches to On, On, Off, Off, Off (the last off is the protect on the external switch, both have to be off)

Boot your backup (the switches can be set before or after you boot the backup)

I mainly think it's the flash protect on the chip. I have tried to flash mine once a forgot to take the flash protection off on the chip. I thought I was going to rip my hair out after flashing like 5 different bios's and it still woulnd't work.

Let me know how it goes.

I will crack it open tomorrow and take a look. I will also grab another Bios just in case.

I take it that i use the back-up just to get me into the flashing screen then set my switches back to on on off off protect off then re-flash?

I'll let you know how it goes.
thanks again

#14 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:05 AM

Yeah, that is the only thing I ever use my backup for, just to be able to boot flashbios to be able to fix anything if needed.

I used to use EvoX m8+ which is IMO the second best bios you can use. But after using the X3 bios a little more it's the only one that I use at all now. If you do get another bios that is the one that I would recommend. You can just get a 256k M8+ bios and flash it to any bank 5,6,7, or 8 (I prefer 8, so it's easy to remember.)

Since you can boot the backup at any time then you also have the option to try to put that same 3294 bios on the other 1mb bank (banks 5-8 settings Off, On, Off, Off, Off). I doubt it will flash on that bank if the other one didn't flash though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users