MadEx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

Yea so I felt like I had to share my accomplishment by bragging about it here. Sue me.

Feels good. The game is only a little harder I think on Hard, it really just becomes a systematic trial and error game since the enemies will always be in the same positions. Once I figured that out everything was easy, including killing that dude at the very end.

Now I can concentrate on its multiplayer. Happy gaming all!

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:06 AM

Congrats! my final stats shows I did better on Hard than Normal, but I attribute that 2 knowing where to go and what to do the 2nd time around, and losing less bastard ai ghosts in the process tongue.gif

#3 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 22 2006, 08:13 PM) View Post

Congrats! my final stats shows I did better on Hard than Normal, but I attribute that 2 knowing where to go and what to do the 2nd time around, and losing less bastard ai ghosts in the process tongue.gif

i never once lost any support vehicles or allies while playing on normal. however, i had some of my allies get killed (healed them though) and alot of my vehicles get blown up on hard. hard is very challenging but fun at the same time

#4 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:42 AM

Nice, I am having troubles beating the game on normal tongue.gif

#5 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:35 AM

Congrats on beating it on hard! I haven't tried it, I beat it on normal after around a week of playing it, which is good for me because I tend to not have much time....anyways, I need to play more online, but it kinda sucks getting my butt kicked, but then again it can only make me better. Now I have to choose between getting Blazing Angels or Oblivion or doing the smart thing and saving money because I can't really afford new games and finishing up PDZ and COD2. I moved and was weird and wanted to wait until I had my surround sound setup before playing COD2, and also PDZ, plus midterms got in the way. Anyways congrats again (GRAW is a great game, now I just hope they make another one just like it)!

#6 Nascasho

Nascasho

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

I keep dying for the first chopper mission (second mission) on hard. The gamertag tells it all. The ramerez one wasn't too hard because the enemys location predictable, but whew... those damn on-hit-kills start to piss you off once you get far, poof... Game over... "Snake.. Snake!... SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!!"

#7 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

I went through hard first. In the first level after training, I noticed how easy this game actually is. The only challenge was keeping my teammates alive. They're useless anyway, so about halfway through the game, I stopped reviving them once they got shot. Afterward, when I played it on normal, I killed them right off the bat. The enemy A.I. is only slightly better than your teammates', but that is by no means impressive.

I only noticed a couple differences between both campaigns. On hard, one shot in the face will kill you. On normal, you survive the first two head shots before the third one kills you. The other thing I noticed is the amount of damage you have to inflict on the enemy to kill them. If you get into the habit of landing constant head shots, then both campaigns parallel themselves in difficulty. Everything else seemed the same. The enemies' behavior and patterns were all the same.

Note: If you guys are having a hard time on those copter levels, turn on your thermal goggles. The enemy doesn't have a sporting chance when you can see them clearly in thermal mode.

#8 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:39 PM

i just suck using the damn gun on the hilo. i can take out 20 guys in front of me on the ground but you put me on the damn hilo gun and i can't hit shit :/ ah well, it isn't that difficult just have to do it a couple times. fun ass game though.

#9 yakpimp

yakpimp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

After spending the last couple weeks playing Oblivion, I decided to go back and continue on my quest to finish GRAW on hard. Well it turns out the spot I was stuck at (kill the two helicopters) still had me stumped for about an hour. I would get all the way to the end of it, then get hit one time and die.

Well I am happy to say, as of 5:29 EST I have finished the game on Hard. One of the best 360 games yet. Hell Yes!

#10 Xdox_

Xdox_

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

It sucks I was playing the last mission on hard by doing my profile i beat on normal and choosing the last mission and then setting the difficulty to hard and it took forever to beat it but then i didnt get an achievment cause i guess you have to start and entirely new game.

#11 yakpimp

yakpimp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:12 PM

Yea, I started doing that too, although I started with the first level. When I found out it gave me nothing, I was like screw this, starting a new game, and setting the difficutly to hard. That works perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users