X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(Tripme @ Mar 22 2006, 09:26 PM) View Post

What do you mean by the 360 doesnt have enough system memory? 512 MB isnt enough lol

Some devs have stated that they won't do certain games on the consoles(360/ps3) because they don't have enough memory. 512mb is enough for some games but for games like graphic intensive mmo's 1 gb would have been the sweet spot. I think oblivion would have benefited alot from 1gb too. It's the only way you can explain the graphical problems some games are having.

#17 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:37 AM

Not good, but then I didn't like Crimson Skies either.

Oh well, back to Oblivion

Edited by Kernal69er, 23 March 2006 - 04:37 AM.

#18 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(unclepauly @ Mar 22 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

Some devs have stated that they won't do certain games on the consoles(360/ps3) because they don't have enough memory. 512mb is enough for some games but for games like graphic intensive mmo's 1 gb would have been the sweet spot. I think oblivion would have benefited alot from 1gb too. It's the only way you can explain the graphical problems some games are having.

You have to think, though, how much ram did Xbox 1 have? This sounds like a tired Dev excuse. Look at a game like "Riddick, Escape from Butcher Bay (maybe the best graphics on Xbox 1)" and tell me that 64 mb of ram isn't enough.
Now tell me that 64 mb isn't enough. Now tell me that 512 isn't enough.

#19 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:44 AM

Yea and isn't there something special about some of the ram? Faster than all of it or something. I can't remember what it is exactly.

#20 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:45 AM

well I have played the demo and I was impressed with how much playing time you actually got with it....I've played the roughly 2-4 minute madden demo, which was lame, Full Auto's one race, and the outfit's multiplayer and of all of them Blazing Angels has been the best because you get a good idea of what the game is like. The outfit will soon be deleted off my hard drive because it's kinda wasting space now that I've got GRAW for multiplayer.

As far as the demo of Blazing Angels goes I really was impressed with the game. I wasn't sure about the game initially because I really haven't played any flight games since, well actually probably Star Fox 64 on the N64....and it was not really the same sort of deal, but hopefully you all follow my line of thinking. So I gave Blazing Angels a try and thought it was alright then got to the actual parts where you are dealing with lots of enemies and in dogfights and I really enjoyed it. Now I'm trying to decide if I should just go out and buy it, or just wait and rent it to see if I enjoy it enough to warrant a purchase, also it will be interesting to see how long the game is because even though I have live I don't play on it as much as I should because I get tired of being attacked from behind when I'm fighting with someone already and things like spawn camping....but that's another subject. Anyways, I suggest people try out the demo, afterall it's free (but takes forever to download).

#21 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:36 AM

any cockpit view? or -outside of plane- only like Crimson?

#22 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 23 2006, 06:43 AM) View Post

any cockpit view? or -outside of plane- only like Crimson?

so far it seems that it is only an outside of the plane view, but maybe you can change views in the actual game...not sure...but the demo is only outside the plane

#23 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:50 AM

no cockpit view, but the graphics in the later levels are better then the training mission, thousands of buildings on the screen at one time. really sweet game! graphics are pretty awsome

#24 giftic

giftic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

It's GREAT biggrin.gif

#25 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(korn00 @ Mar 22 2006, 08:53 PM) View Post

Does anyone else notice that this demo has some major screen tearing going on when you rotate the screen when doing full 360's with the plane? What is with most of the 360 games and the screen tearing anyways?

yeah, was one of the first things i noticed

#26 Tie Wrap

Tie Wrap

X-S Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:16 AM

any of you guys experienced problem downloading the demo. dont have problems when i downloaded mine. but have seen guys from forums and they were asking like they been waiting for the download to finish but when it reaches 50% system suddenly freeze.

#27 Mikeizzle

Mikeizzle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:35 AM

This demo is fuckin awesome. Nothin beats blowin the Luftwaffe outta the sky to the tuneskes of Trivium And A7X muhaha.gif . This is deffinatly a game i wanna maybe get and continue playing. Just hope the screan tearing issue is fixed, cause its not something plesant.

#28 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:41 AM

wasted my bandwidth sleeping.gif

#29 b15ginz

b15ginz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, web design.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:04 AM

im not getting it in my demo list? why? im not even getting bf2 trailors either...i have 32 games in the list. i know a lot of other people with 35-40..why is mine so low

#30 mckenn88

mckenn88

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Interests:doin shit
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:04 AM

this demo made me dizzy and a lil queezy. but thats just me tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic