Photo

Help: Xbox Not Connecting To Pc Anymore.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sashiel

Sashiel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:GAMES!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

first of all, sorry for making another thread, but the other one i had made died.

my problem is that i cannot connect to my xbox anymore. i could a few days ago before i installed road runner internet on the comp i was using. i don't know if the settings that rr made have anything to do with it, but im really in a pickle here. i should mentiong that the cable modem is connected to my only NIC card, therefore not letting me connect to my xbox when i connect the crossover cable. is there a way around this, like some configuration or a way to make another connection work? could having only 1 NIC installed be the problem?

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:11 AM

RR has probably changed your static IP to get a new IP everytime you boot or log in.

Get a DOS prompt, Start, Run, type cmd

At the DOS prompt type IP config

That should give you the IP, DNS and gateway your computer is using.

Your Xbox should be using the same numbers except IP. Make it one number off.

That should allow you to connect with a crossover cable.

You should get a router. It will allow you to have your cable modem and your Xbox plugged in at the
same time and you won't have to worry about changing your Xbox information when you want to connect
from the computer.

#3 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:29 AM

Or you could go to your network connections. Right click the LAN connection or whatever connection you're using. Under the general tab that defaultly comes up, scroll down till you see the Internet Protocal TCP/IP option and click it once. Then click properties. You should have "Obtain an IP address automatically" selected, but select the "Use the following IP address". Then fill in the information.
IP: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Click Ok, then Ok again, hook up your Crossover cable, then boot up your xbox. You might have to reboot your PC, I'm not sure.

Then when you want on the net again, go through the steps again, but select the "Obtain IP address automatically" option. When you do this sometimes you have to reset your cable modem in order to get it to connect to the net again.

Edited by makaveli91, 23 March 2006 - 12:32 AM.

#4 gsgleason

gsgleason

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:54 AM

implement a dhcp server for the xbox and then you won't have to mess with any of that ip addressing nonsense.

#5 Sashiel

Sashiel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:52 AM

Or you could go to your network connections. Right click the LAN connection or whatever connection you're using. Under the general tab that defaultly comes up, scroll down till you see the Internet Protocal TCP/IP option and click it once. Then click properties. You should have "Obtain an IP address automatically" selected, but select the "Use the following IP address". Then fill in the information.
IP: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

should i disconnect the modem first or just change to those numbers you gave me and connect the xbox to the comp?

QUOTE(gsgleason @ Mar 22 2006, 06:01 PM) View Post

implement a dhcp server for the xbox and then you won't have to mess with any of that ip addressing nonsense.

gsgleason, how can i do that?

#6 Sashiel

Sashiel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:47 AM

k, guys i got it fixed thanks alot wink.gif
is there a softmod guide you can recommend? the one i had done f'd up my xbox so im looking for a reliable one. thanks for yous guys help. peace out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users