• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Del23

Del23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:02 AM

Trying to get this thing programmed but I think there may be a hardware problem. When I hook it up to my parallel port the light glows red momentarily while plugging it in, but then goes out when the programmer is fully inserted. If I hold the pins about halfway into the port (and at the right angle) the light will come on and stay on but the slightest movement dims it or puts it out. It behaves exactly the same using the parallel port on a friend's laptop. Using WinLPC or Milk gives me the "no device found" error, all the settings are correct, and i've stepped all the way through the WinLPC slider bar with the same results. Running milk -z gives:

Communicating on printer port at 0x378
Device: Manufacturer: 55, Device: 55, protection: 00000000

Without the programmer plugged in it gives:
Communicating on printer port at 0x378
Device: Manufacturer: 00, Device: 00, protection: 00000000

So it is seeing it in some fashion... <sigh>. Did i manage to fry the chip somehow by plugging it in while the power was on? (I didn't see anything in the manual that says you shouldn't, but a manual for another programmer it did mention you should power down first.) Did I just buy a damaged programmer? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks in advance to any responders and sorry if this question has already been answered in these forums, I couldn't find it if it has...

#2 futureslug

futureslug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:42 AM

Try pushing the chip and flasher toward the parallel port with some force, and continue to hold it there while flashing.
I had to do this to program my chip.
(I was pushing so hard, I had ridges on my fingers!)

When I didn't push, I was getting errors.

Also, try a couple of 9 volt batteries.
Some new ones don't seem to work.
I had better luck with a battery that was used for about 2 months.
(I pulled that from an r/c car controller.)

Hope this helps.
Let me know how you make out!

#3 Del23

Del23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 05:44 AM

When you pushed in the flasher that hard did the light come on for you? I've tried pushing pretty darn hard, the light doesn't ever come on and the software still doesn't see the card. I'm gonna try and get an older battery next, this one was brand new... thanks for the advice.

#4 futureslug

futureslug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 05:22 PM

I got lucky.
My led worked fine.
I have heard that some people's LED lights don't work at all.
They spent quite some time trying to get the chip aligned, and the LED didn't come on at all.

#5 MeNaCe911

MeNaCe911

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2003 - 08:29 PM

try just putting it in ur xbox to see if the led lights up...if it does its ur programmer ull need to replace it if not just replace the whole chip

#6 sspringer

sspringer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 04:38 PM

I am having the exact same problems as described by Del23. Sounds like I may have damaged my matrix programmer somehow. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or knows the answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users