• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shayne-tas

shayne-tas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:13 AM

Post on another website... Please, any advice will help.

Just asking for any advice..

I'm trying to network wirelessly, my modded xbox.

Problem I am having is: I bought a USB wireless G adapter (Dlink) for my PC as my NIC is being used for my ADSL modem (which for some reason doesn't like being hooked up via USB port?) I also bought a wireless bridge for my xbox (Dlink DWL 810+). It seems I can get the 2 wifi adapters to talk (flashing indicators) but nothing beyond that.

My DSL modem has DHCP enabled so I cant set static IP addresses. It automatically gives my PC and IP. Whenever I try to change it, I dont have net access.

Q is: Should I just concentrate on getting my communication between my xbox and the PC working first before I worry about my xbox have net access? EG: ftp my xbox via WIFI first then try and configure my modem with ICS or something?

Any ideas would be appreciated. I have done some research but nothing I can find relates to wireless networks of an xbox.

A router/switch would've been easier I know but obviously I didnt realise that til I bought everything.

Basically, I have the xbox in my lounge and my PC with the DSL modem in another room. I would like to play the xbox online.

http://i46.photobuck...s/xboxsetup.jpg

This is a visual of what I am trying to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users