• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

well, what i do...

1 chest = expensive items
1 dresser = set of clothes that have adjustments that help me rob stores and people + 1 set of my main armor
1 dresser = all petty items, books ingredients and whatever.

and if you saw the $2000 house... you would be pretty assured its the cheapest, lol

Edited by ILLusions0fGrander, 24 March 2006 - 10:55 PM.

#17 KMFDM

KMFDM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

yep 2000 would be the cheapest. If you wanna make money quick go rob the castles, ya its risky but the outcome is sooooo good love.gif .

#18 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

damnit, I want to buy better spells now that my destruction is getting high, 2000 on a house.. sad.gif

Ok its Soul Gem time...need more help

I finally captured one(the skeleton I summoned) and it tells you in the top left corner of the screen it was successful. I dont know what I did different this time but it worked. The soul automatically went into a Petty Soul Gem.

Now what do I do?

I bought a bronze amulet to enchant it and it doesnt give me the opportunity to do so. I cant enchant anything in my inventory(weapons, amulets, rings) with it, so what now? It doesnt need charging.

Edited by Deftech, 25 March 2006 - 12:34 AM.

#19 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:29 AM

nevermind, it seems that I can only chant things that require enchanting and are running low, like a repair hammer does weapons? Im assuming when I get, err IF i get into the arcane university, I can make my own enchant spells and use them.

I have 15 petty soul gems, Im going to summon my skeleton a few times, fill them up, and sell them. itll help pay for that pos shack I just spent 2 grand on, good lord its the size of a dog house tongue.gif

question...

do we haveto buy a chest to put our goods in? or can I just slop the shit on the floor, lol, im low on $$! I hope people cant break in and steal shit.

kage wanted to sneak into the abandoned house in cheydinhal and live there...i set out to find out whats up with that and thats a No Go jester.gif

Edited by Deftech, 25 March 2006 - 02:32 AM.

#20 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:46 AM

Ok Im done with this problem..

I just got a Bow of Sparks off some guy in a dungeon. I checked its uses and its enchanted, and had 32 of 50 shots left. I used that soul gem I charged earlier and it maxed the bow out to 50 shots smile.gif Took some time but now I understand how it all works. Thanks for the replies

#21 saeltmarae2k

saeltmarae2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Mar 24 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

and if you saw the $2000 house... you would be pretty assured its the cheapest, lol

Haha I saw the shacks...where can I get a nice house? The shacks are the only ones that I have seen for sale...

#22 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(saeltmarae2k @ Mar 24 2006, 10:45 PM) View Post

Haha I saw the shacks...where can I get a nice house? The shacks are the only ones that I have seen for sale...

I laughed when I entered this shack for the first time, but for the $$, it allows me to unload all my shit in inventory and store it. I bought the storage and thats it, you nuts who buy other furnishings must be interior decoraters and have gold to spare jester.gif did I mention you get candles with the $700 storage units? lol

#23 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

btw. soul gems trap souls, and enchant items...

#24 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Mar 25 2006, 03:53 AM) View Post

btw. soul gems trap souls, and enchant items...

since my last post ive trapped countless skeletons and recharged my shock bow and my new favorite...damn I forgot the name of the sword, lol..add that with the enchanted rings I wear and Im enjoying this more now than ever.

#25 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

I trained my mysticism from 20 to 25 so I can use a 20-sec soultrap spell (mysticism isn't one of my major skills, but Bretons get a bonus to it, so it started at a reasonable level).

Deftech, how's the no-armor thing going? I recall seeing that your build doesn't have an armor skill as a major.

After I eat my oatmeal cookies and milk, I'm going to be playing Oblivion for the rest of the day. The only cities I haven't been to yet are Bravil, Leyawiin, and Anvil. biggrin.gif
I'm going to have to go there today to get the rest of my Mages guild reccomendations. ARCANE UNIVERSITY YEAHZ!

#26 portarock

portarock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

Hey Deftech how are you finding all those enchanted weapons and soul gems? Have you been following the main quest or just dungeon crawling? I havent been following the main quest yet because I dont want gates popin up all over the place. Ive only found a couple of good stuff, but I really f*cked up cause I got encumbered so I left some of them ina chest in a ruin and when I came back it it was full on bandits and all my stuff was gone!!! mad.gif I had some jesus boots in that chest sad.gif

#27 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

Carlo...

I dont have armor as a major but my light armor rating is very high(for a minor anyways), as is my heavy seeing as Ive been using heavy until yesterday.

My other skills allow me 2 offset not having armor as a major. Now with enchanted bows and swords, and powerful ass rings and enchanted armor, Im a bad ass running around jester.gif

portarock...

I havent done anything in the Main quest except talk to Jauffrey in Priory the first day I got the game(Tuesday). Its ALL found in caves/dungeons and a few side quests. I noticed in one cave that when a bandit bowman was shooting me, Id spark when the arrow would make contact with me. I didnt think much of it until I picked the bow up, it was sparking and sure enough, enchanted bad ass bow smile.gif Same with the sword I just got, its 10 or 20% shock damage with every swing. Add the fact that the rings I wear boost my important Majors by 6 points while wearing them and yeah, its fun beerchug.gif

Let me add that Kage and I used the chat feature while playing the game this morning. We did the same Cave but he was nearing level 6, I was already on 6 headed to 8. We had different creatures attack(mine were much more powerful), and he found none of the enchanted rings that I did. I walked out of the cave with some serious inventory smile.gif

I dont know if your Level plays a part in it all, but it was as if we were playing an entirely different game.

My #1 Priority in this game, b4 I proceed with the main quest or even get into Arcane University, is to *walk* all roads/paths so that places of importance pop up on my map. In that respect, I'll be doing that for weeks, not to mention the little side quests that put me off course jester.gif

Edited by Deftech, 25 March 2006 - 09:21 PM.

#28 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 25 2006, 03:26 PM) View Post

Carlo...

I dont have armor as a major but my light armor rating is very high(for a minor anyways), as is my heavy seeing as Ive been using heavy until yesterday.

My other skills allow me 2 offset not having armor as a major. Now with enchanted bows and swords, and powerful ass rings and enchanted armor, Im a bad ass running around jester.gif

portarock...

I havent done anything in the Main quest except talk to Jauffrey in Priory the first day I got the game(Tuesday). Its ALL found in caves/dungeons and a few side quests. I noticed in one cave that when a bandit bowman was shooting me, Id spark when the arrow would make contact with me. I didnt think much of it until I picked the bow up, it was sparking and sure enough, enchanted bad ass bow smile.gif Same with the sword I just got, its 10 or 20% shock damage with every swing. Add the fact that the rings I wear boost my important Majors by 6 points while wearing them and yeah, its fun beerchug.gif

Let me add that Kage and I used the chat feature while playing the game this morning. We did the same Cave but he was nearing level 6, I was already on 6 headed to 8. We had different creatures attack(mine were much more powerful), and he found none of the enchanted rings that I did. I walked out of the cave with some serious inventory smile.gif

I dont know if your Level plays a part in it all, but it was as if we were playing an entirely different game.

My #1 Priority in this game, b4 I proceed with the main quest or even get into Arcane University, is to *walk* all roads/paths so that places of importance pop up on my map. In that respect, I'll be doing that for weeks, not to mention the little side quests that put me off course jester.gif

Yeah, all the creatures and loot you encounter is leveled. You'll find more gold, better weapons and armor, stronger potions and nastier baddies as you level up. Enchanments are one of the few ways to stay a few steps ahead of the enemies that are leveling with you. I've got a gnarly sword that drains health, fatigue and willpower... man that really jacks the ogres up.

#29 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 25 2006, 08:09 PM) View Post

Yeah, all the creatures and loot you encounter is leveled. You'll find more gold, better weapons and armor, stronger potions and nastier baddies as you level up. Enchanments are one of the few ways to stay a few steps ahead of the enemies that are leveling with you. I've got a gnarly sword that drains health, fatigue and willpower... man that really jacks the ogres up.

Excellent. I agree, enchanted items has helped me out a lot. I have so many enchanted swords and staffs in my chest at home, I dont know what to do with some of them. I know once I sell one I'll need it for something laugh.gif

Anyone know if we can store an infinite amount of items in out storage chests we bought? I hear it may be limited.

#30 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:12 AM

i closed one gate on story mode, and so far ive just walked into 2 random ones just chillin there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users