• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 twistedamd

twistedamd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:07 AM

there is acouple pieces in there that i guess i dont use , the only one that i can make work is the black one right? if that is right i am not getting anything when i boot it up its the same as it would be with out it.. on the 1.6 version u use the black piece and the white curved one thats the one with the leds on it to tell u that its working so i have no idea if it is with out that piece. i have a 1.o version
any help would be great!!

#2 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:42 PM

The install is the same with the solderless portion of the S.P. as the older USA adapter. If you are booting the Msdash then the problem is most likely the d0. Make sure the hook is solid in the via. Check for continuity between pin 4 and the d0. If that all checks out then try cleaning the LPC and the via for the d0 with a fiberglass setup pen or use some alchohol to try to clean them. Also check and make sure pins 5 and 1 are getting good contact on the LPC.

#3 twistedamd

twistedamd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

i got it working and i am trying to change bios do i have to turn the switch off on the chip before i do this? i cant get anything to read in my box the original bios works i cant play reg. games with it how else can i change bios?

#4 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:47 AM

Go to teamxodus.com in the download section for the Iceguide and the 2.0 OS manual. They will explain the next steps in getting your box running. Basically all you need to do is falsh a mod bios to the chip and install a dashboard. The switch is for recovery mode only so no need to be playing with that.

#5 drweckib

drweckib

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:10 AM

Hey, I just ordered my gold-chip online, and I just found out that I have the v1 xbox. Which sucks right??? Anyways, I'm woried about installing the gold chip because there is solder in the place where the chip is supposed to go (I got the solderless version because I am lazy)...Any advice on installing the gold on the v1, I assume that someone did it successfully. Is it as easy as advertised? I'm a Ph.D. Student and I used to work on cars, so this shouldn't be so difficult? Right??

Well If anyone is listening give me a holla

#6 Grimbone

Grimbone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

The black adapter will just sit on the soldered LPC points. Look at the Iceguide on the teamxodus.com site like Rabid1 suggested above, it will explain alot and much more. I printed it out and still refer back to it. (7 Ice installs: 5 solderless, 2 pin header)

#7 twistedamd

twistedamd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:59 AM

very easy to install just took awhile to get the do wire in place....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users