• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tedsemon

tedsemon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

I'm trying to get a used, modded XBOX (v1.4 or 1.5) working. I am a N00b, and have read the Total N00b Guide and the Xecuter 2.6 install guide. I have 2 questions;

1) When the modchip is enabled and the XBOX is powered up, it boots itself 3 times and then seems to hang. In the Total N00b guide, it said that this may be due to there being no BIOS on the modchip. I've read the instructions on how to create/load BIOS and think I can do this. My question is this; Is there any other software on the Modchip - is there anything I have to worry about wiping out? Or does it contain just the modded BIOS and nothing else?

2) When the modchip is enabled, the blue LED on the modchip board lights up as expected. But the LED ON/OFF switch on the Modchip control panel works backward. If it is switched ON, the Bank and Flash Protect LEDS turn off. If it is switched OFF, the Bank and Flash Protect LEDS turn on. Is this anything I need to worry about?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated - thanks.

#2 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:46 PM

sorry, but it's been a while to asnwer questions about x2.6/3 switches

double check pins 9 and 15. they are the ones that are 3.3v and supply power to the switch

#3 morasco

morasco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:48 PM

I used a solderless adapter when installing my xecuter 2.6 and had the same problem initialy but found this was due to the solderless adapter not getting a good enough conection on the board so i used the original screw to hold it down better and it work fine ever since. So it may just be a loose connection somewere.

#4 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(tedsemon @ Mar 25 2006, 07:29 AM) View Post

I'm trying to get a used, modded XBOX (v1.4 or 1.5) working. I am a N00b, and have read the Total N00b Guide and the Xecuter 2.6 install guide. I have 2 questions;

1) When the modchip is enabled and the XBOX is powered up, it boots itself 3 times and then seems to hang. In the Total N00b guide, it said that this may be due to there being no BIOS on the modchip. I've read the instructions on how to create/load BIOS and think I can do this. My question is this; Is there any other software on the Modchip - is there anything I have to worry about wiping out? Or does it contain just the modded BIOS and nothing else?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated - thanks.

I had the same problem when i connected my chip - the reason being i connected the little wire that goes to the D0 point to the wrong hole, the chip powered up then my xbox fragged, check your connection!!!! took me a whole day to work it out!!! hope this helps
(p.s i got a xecutor 2.6 with xaptor adaptor aswell)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users