2 replies to this topic

#1 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

i've got a friends xbox i'm trying to repair, but can't seem to figure out the problem. When it came to me, it was fragging, but a quick look inside showed that it was caused by a backwards xenium chip (now toast i believe). After removing the chip and putting my xecuter 2.3 in it, it seems to start up fine, but when I load a dash onto the hdd, the installation taked a long time( like 30 min for dash only). When I try to navigate around the dash, it moves in slow motion, taking 45 seconds to go from one option to the other. I've tried replacing the hdd with a stock from another xbox, but the problem is the same. I replaced the IDE cable as well, and still nothing. Also, after rebuilding the ms dash and turning off the chip, it gives me error 21. HDD is locked and everything seems kosher.......any ideas? BTW, anything i can do for the xenium? I get a red light on it, and the Xbox logo freezes on the screen. Thank you whoever can help.

#2 pimpmaul69

pimpmaul69

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:42 PM

i think the hdd is toast

#3 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(pimpmaul69 @ Mar 25 2006, 01:49 PM) View Post

i think the hdd is toast

i replaced the hdd, so that's not it. My buddy's on his way over with another hdd. I'm gonna try it. If that doesn't work, he suggested xebian to check if the mobo's ok. If not i'll try sledge hammer.

Edited by xboxbman, 25 March 2006 - 10:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users