6 replies to this topic

#1 PaulMK

PaulMK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

I have been reading about people talking about resizing the texture files so you won't get as many or any DDE's at all. So i looked into it and decided to try it out, but before i go in and convert like 100 or so texture files to a 16x16 size i just wanted to know if it will in fact help and work.

Another thing. I've been running into some problems when in the middle of something (usually fighting) it'll lock up and make this crazy noise like the disc got stuck (which there's no disc in there at all). I was just wondering if that was being caused by too many large texture files as well.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The Mods that i'm running are...

-Bottle Mod
-Better Heads
-Claws
-Creeper Gold
-Formulae (Big book of all alchemy formulas)
-Improved No Glow (Morrowind only dependency)
-Ninja Outfits
-Rings (Teleport and weather ring)
-Xbox Visual Pack

Edited by PaulMK, 25 March 2006 - 11:54 PM.

#2 SkmNet

SkmNet

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:57 PM

i cant actually help you with your question, but maybe u can help me?
i tried many versions of bottle mods and not a single one worked. i just cant find the bottles in game!?
could you direct me to a working bottle mod please and tell me where to get the bottle? or upload it to rapishare.de (its quick and free). thanx a lot.
many other mods work great (better heads, bodys...) but i cant get a bottle to show up.. :_(

#3 forprog

forprog

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:59 PM

it may be that some of the mods you are using dont work together try removing 1 at a time until you find a solution

#4 SkmNet

SkmNet

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:11 PM

i have goty pal version, and i only use BH, BB, and xbox visual pack right now. but i cant find no bottles in game. u think these 3 mods may be causing problems?

#5 twilightelliot

twilightelliot

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(PaulMK @ Mar 25 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

I have been reading about people talking about resizing the texture files so you won't get as many or any DDE's at all. So i looked into it and decided to try it out, but before i go in and convert like 100 or so texture files to a 16x16 size i just wanted to know if it will in fact help and work.

Another thing. I've been running into some problems when in the middle of something (usually fighting) it'll lock up and make this crazy noise like the disc got stuck (which there's no disc in there at all). I was just wondering if that was being caused by too many large texture files as well.

-Bottle Mod
-Better Heads
-Claws
-Creeper Gold
-Ninja Outfits
-Xbox Visual Pack

I will be posting a mod pack update with resized ninja outfit textures, can't tell you where, so you'll have to look. Btw the xbox visual pack is terrible and I wouldn't use it. Also I've heard the bottle mods cause problems. I've gotten more mods to work than pretty much anyone I know and I'd advise you download dds converter for texture resizing, it's easy to use and it works great. It has really helped get rid of dds errors, also download the Ultimate Morrowind Cities Anti-Mod by ChaosTony. Gets rid of tons of useless rocks etc.. Decreases save file save, increasing frames per second and also decreased loading time. Also quadratic lighting with boost framerate.

#6 dyrtyrice

dyrtyrice

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Morrowind modding, Musician, freelance IT, guitar, violin, writer, artist.

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(twilightelliot @ Apr 3 2006, 03:01 PM) View Post

I will be posting a mod pack update with resized ninja outfit textures, can't tell you where, so you'll have to look. Btw the xbox visual pack is terrible and I wouldn't use it. Also I've heard the bottle mods cause problems. I've gotten more mods to work than pretty much anyone I know and I'd advise you download dds converter for texture resizing, it's easy to use and it works great. It has really helped get rid of dds errors, also download the Ultimate Morrowind Cities Anti-Mod by ChaosTony. Gets rid of tons of useless rocks etc.. Decreases save file save, increasing frames per second and also decreased loading time. Also quadratic lighting with boost framerate.

So yeah definately get a hold of the dds converter and the dds Nvidia plugin tools for photoshop.

#7 dyrtyrice

dyrtyrice

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Morrowind modding, Musician, freelance IT, guitar, violin, writer, artist.

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE(PaulMK @ Mar 25 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

-Bottle Mod
-Better Heads
-Claws
-Creeper Gold
-Ninja Outfits
-Xbox Visual Pack

I would just use dds converter to change any bmp or tga files to dds, that reduces file size by at least half and have stopped me from getting a lot of DDE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users