Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

FPS: MOVE and shoot ducks (monsters, etc).

Tennis move about and hit ball back. Try and anticipate opponents. Utilise different techniques and shots.

Edited by Chancer, 30 March 2006 - 08:22 PM.

#17 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:07 PM

Well I'm definitely not getting this game after reading the teamxbox review.

They talk about annoying animation 'hiccups' during gameplay. Oh well.

#18 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:32 PM

well I for one loved Virtua Tennis and am a tennis player in real life so I'm looking forward to the game. The first one was good on the Xbox, definitely had the same feel as Virtua Tennis, but to me not quite as magical as Virtua Tennis....but I'm trying to decide if I'm going to buy Top Spin 2 or rent it first, but it's what $40, that's a deal for games in this generation...can't wait until games only cost an entire $35!! but seriously I'll probably pick it up when it comes out, because I'm tired of getting slaughtered in GRAW, and also hearing people in the Pro level bitch and moan about people in recreation (like myself) who actually have lives outside of xbox live.

#19 MrPhunkee

MrPhunkee

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

Crap.. My hopes on willing this game 2 be a major hit just blew up after reading 2 revieuws.. I loved the first one so mad,that this one (after 3 years!!) had 2 be a a wet dream.. But appearently it doesn't. Now thats a shame. I'm pissed off. Hickups.. WTF? What is it with this machine? Every game has something. Framedrops, tearing screen, no v-sync..I'm gonna sell it and buy a ps3 instead. 4 real. Altough I havent played it myself, I'm sure it'll be a next dissapointment.

#20 Justaren

Justaren

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:52 AM

im in love with vitrua tennis when it came out on dreamcast and then the top spin over on xbox...im definetily pickin this up and plus its $40 cant beat that shit at all... i dont believe in reviews thats why i rent'em and its a 2ksports developed so it has to be good...always believe in 2ksports hands down...ill buy this over wack BF2:MC......

thats just my opinion

#21 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:00 AM

I would not drop out of buying on the strength of a couple of reviews.
If you were thinking of buying it but are a bit put off, why not rent it first see if its your cup of tea.
Sometimes reviews concentrate too much on the odd graphical glitch and gameplay is a subjective thing.
What one finds fantastic gamepaly another will be bored with.
Over here the game is more expensive (pre-order) I will be paying £39.99 (UKP)

Edited by Chancer, 31 March 2006 - 09:01 AM.

#22 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

Well it's time for 2K Sports to give gamers some playable demo's then.

It's months after launch and still no NBA 2K demo in sight. sleeping.gif

We need an early Tennis demo.

#23 MrPhunkee

MrPhunkee

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:59 AM

What was the strength of the forst was the smooth gameplay. Now it seems they fucked up. I'll get it nonetheless. They say ingame hickups and that would be totally unacceptable. If thats the case, i sell my 360. They said there would be a demo a couple of days before launch. We'll see. Hope so

Edited by MrPhunkee, 31 March 2006 - 10:00 AM.

#24 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:13 PM

The only thing concerning me at the moment is the fact this game was put back from its original release date twice and one would have to question what the problems were wth it and are they sorted.

#25 MrPhunkee

MrPhunkee

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Smucking up the graphics was one delay. And it still doesnt look next gen from what i've read and seen (trailer) but that doesnt mater for me on this title. And other delay was gameplay. It was horrible at E3 and then the real PAM developpers came back and put in a new gameplay wich would be great. I just hope those hickus arent as annoting as they say and while ingame. Would spoil online gaming I guess. Well see in 7 days. (Belgium here)

#26 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

Well see in 7 days. (Belgium here)

Yep 7 days for me here as well. Hope its good. I loved the first

#27 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

i just picked it up yesterday, so far the only real complaint is loading time, game play seems pretty damn smooth, starting out in career mode is ruff with no experience points, you cant really control the ball where you want it to go just yet until you build up some stars, the experience points system is totally new, no more traing on the world map like the original, its sorta set up like tiger woods 06, im totally enjoying the game so far

#28 MrPhunkee

MrPhunkee

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:23 PM

Glad 2 hear that. Damn I'm jealous lol

#29 nightwulf28

nightwulf28

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:ummmmm Video Games?
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(MrPhunkee @ Mar 31 2006, 03:06 AM) View Post

What was the strength of the forst was the smooth gameplay. Now it seems they fucked up. I'll get it nonetheless. They say ingame hickups and that would be totally unacceptable. If thats the case, i sell my 360. They said there would be a demo a couple of days before launch. We'll see. Hope so

You do realize that it's not the 360's fault. It's lazy programming and or rushed programming and getting used to the hardware. The 360 has more than enough power to not allow any of these things being found wrong in games. Until developers get uswed to the hardware and quit trying to rush out their games, there will be sacrificiesw made. A good example of what the 360 can do from a graphics standpoint etc. is Kameo and PG3. Visually stunning. Games like GR3 with the vsinc thing is laziness i think. In short, we cant blame the machine, blame the developer, at least for now. pop.gif

#30 chynk

chynk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Mar 31 2006, 02:28 PM) View Post

i just picked it up yesterday, so far the only real complaint is loading time, game play seems pretty damn smooth, starting out in career mode is ruff with no experience points, you cant really control the ball where you want it to go just yet until you build up some stars, the experience points system is totally new, no more traing on the world map like the original, its sorta set up like tiger woods 06, im totally enjoying the game so far

I think the game is excellent. I found that gameplay was very similar to Top Spin on the Xbox, which is a good thing. Graphics/animations are very smooth.

Loading time does seem excessively long and very frequent. The auto-save function gets very annoying.

When starting a career, 2K gives you many options when customizing your player, which is good and bad. Some of the details I found were unnecessary (like all the shadowing) but I'm sure others might enjoy the level of detail.

All in all, I think this is a solid tennis game, especially for $39.99. Don't believe everything you read on game review websites. This game is great! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users