• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shano

shano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:00 AM

I just received a broken xbox from a friend that was a softmodded version 1.0 xbox. The power button stopped working and he thought about tossing it away. I did some research and found a broken trace on the motherboard and fixed the power button problem. smile.gif After fixing that I am now getting a error 16 dashboard error. I have read the topics on how to fix the error 16 but to my dismay the hard drive seems to be broken. Is there any way I can retrieve the lock code from the eeprom and install a new hard drive? I have a xenium Gold on order that was going to be used in a different xbox. Can I some how use the xenium temporarily to get the eeprom code and then install a new hard drive? I would like to softmod this unit again when I gain access to the eeprom password. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

shano

#2 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

Yes, with a chip you will be able to obtain the eeprom to install a new hard drive.

#3 shano

shano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:00 AM

What software would I use to obtain the eeprom BIN file?? Slayers? Can I use xboxhdm along with the BIN file to rebuild the hard drive??

#4 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:17 AM

You can use evox there is an option to backup the eeprom, i think there is an option in config magic to back up the eeprom as well. Then you can just ftp into the xbox and transfer it over to your computer. Yes you can use xboxhdm to format/rebuild and install all the files onto the hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users