witfill

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:27 AM

I was going to add an intake side fan onto my xbox, but heard some people complaining about it, saying that it just brings dust in, doesn't improve air flow, etc.

I don't know much on thermodynamics - should I have the side fan bringing air in or blowing it out?

#2 Scorch

Scorch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:44 AM

Is your xbox overheating?

#3 witfill

witfill

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:17 AM

it had been having PSU issues, though not necessarily overheating. i just wanted to put one in on the chip side to keep stuff as cool as possible, as it's always best to keep those components cool. i'd like to keep this one around as long as i can too.

#4 Scorch

Scorch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:23 AM

I see, I have not done that kind of mod. I think it will bring in more dust, but you could clean it out ever so often. I am sure someone can help you here.
Scorch.

#5 4everlearning

4everlearning

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:30 AM

Outake deff. and if you want to keep things even cooler well then put another fan on the other side that in intake. but outake mainly because of dust. you dont want it blowing dust onto everything inside there and if you put it on the dvd side outake then it would bring cooler air over the top of the psu. keep in mind this is just how I see things. someone else may have a better reason to go the other route

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:37 AM

well the side vents are intake by design, but if you make it an exhaust fan it will probably just pull air through another vent

#7 witfill

witfill

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

thank you, gentlemen.

here's the side intake fan tutorial i saw: http://www.brahm2.co...Dreamcazman.pdf

I think i may go with intake then, since the sides are intake anyways. as lordvader said, if i make it outtake, it's just going to suck air in from the hard drive side anyways (with the 80mm fan in the back, that's sucking air from the sides anyways).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users