#1 mrtj18

mrtj18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:16 AM

I have recently got the MJ moonwalker rom for mame downloaded and after a little reseach i found out that i had to have both the moonwalk.zip & the mwalkbl.zip. Because the game has to be the "moonwalker bootleg". My question is how do i make it into moonwalker bootleg? Because i have done the flowing things and i keep getting the error once the game loads up that syas "THIS GAME DONES"T WORK PROPERLY" screen and my xbox freezes.

I have tried unziping the files in mwalkbl.zip and putting them in moonwalk.zip folder, got the eerror above

I have tried renaming the mwalkbl.zip file to "moonwalker.zip" to get it to run but, it need all the files from moonwalker.zip to even load up properly

I have also tried putting both ziped moonwalk.zip and mwalkbl.zip into the directory to get mame to read them both but i get the same error as i first listed.

Any help???? Please??? sad.gif

#2 jonny_xbox

jonny_xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

If the rom files were incorrect it would say 'missing roms' or somethings similar.

If it says 'game doesnt work properly' it means the roms are correct, but the emulation of the game in Mame is not 100%. This can mean anything a minor issue to a black screen.

Is this the Michael Jackson game? If so, I tried it the other day and had the same problem - so the game isn't playable. I'd imagine it was fixed in a later version of Mame, v0.84 is the latest for the Xbox.

#3 foxxfella

foxxfella

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:58 AM

same here. sad.gif

to bad you cant play with Michael. tongue.gif

#4 georaldc

georaldc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:14 PM

Hmm, my moonwalker works fine. I have moonwalker.zip, moonwlka.zip, and moonwlkb.zip saved on the rom directory. Only the bootleg loads, others give me the "Game Doesn't Work" message.

#5 mrtj18

mrtj18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

How does your moonwalker play the bootleg version and mine doesnt? Did you change any files in any of the moonwalker.zip files? And GEORALDC i take it that your moonwlka.zip is the one that works out of the three you have?

#6 Nemo1985X

Nemo1985X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:42 PM

in mame 0.84, the games MoonWalker , E-Swat and Super Hang-On , need all versions of roms (i.e. moonwalker.zip , moomwlkrb.zip) together in the rom directory. Only the bootleg versions of those games will play..

#7 mrtj18

mrtj18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:36 AM

Thanks

#8 marz1222

marz1222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

They make that game for Genesis too. Try and find the rom + use w/ Neogenesis.

#9 mrtj18

mrtj18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:46 AM

It took me a while to get it to work but i finally got it to work. smile.gif i had to follow georalc directions to the T. So if any body out there is trying to get this great classic to work you have to find the 3 moonwalker roms and name them the way georalc has it, and load the bootleg verison and you are good to go!!!

#10 foxxfella

foxxfella

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:04 AM

works! thanks. smile.gif

#11 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:23 AM

just to give a lil more info on why the bootleg, at the time mame team only got the bootleg version of it running since bootlegs don't carry over the same protections (this is done to a few games) but now in current mame's they got the parent rom working along with other sega games that were in the boat or weren't working before like turbo outrun for example.

someone metioned using the genesis version, hate to tell you but its a totally different game compared to the arcade pop.gif

#12 foxxfella

foxxfella

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

Are there any significant changes made in the bootleg?

#13 Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:13 PM

Are there any significant changes made in the bootleg?

The only change I know of is the missing sound in the intro (Mike's feet walking), but the game plays fine.

I'd also heard about the proper set and that it should work now? , but I haven't updated my MAMEdOX for ages now, so I can't test it.

#14 zebpedersen

zebpedersen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:45 AM

So to get moonwalker to work I need 'mwalkbl.zip', 'mwalka.zip' and 'mwalkb.zip' in the same directory, with 'mwalkbl.zip' renamed to 'moonwalker.zip'?

#15 Sdot01

Sdot01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

Can someone discuss this whole mame arcade and capcom emu thing with me through email?
I need assistance with this issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users