Photo

Anyone Who Has A Working Copy Of Megaman For The Nes.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foxxfella

foxxfella

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:35 AM

If you played Megaman 3 on FCEUltrax or Mednafenx you'll notice a little flickering line above shadowman portrit. I cant remeber if this glitch was in the actual game I haven't played it in years so I dont remeber. tongue.gif
I tried to test it tonite but I keep getting the damn gray screen of death. mad.gif

So I posted the problem on the Mednafen boards and the administrator responded by saying it happens on real a NES hardware. huh.gif

I'm pretty sure he's mistaken(or I have a bad memory unsure.gif ) anyway I tried the game on Rocknes and a few other EMUs and the line was gone.
"wooptie-doo a line glitch get over it...blahblah. biggrin.gif

I can live with it but I'll feel better knowing what he said is 100% accurate

So if someone with a working copy and NES would be kind enough to check this out I would appreciate it.

#2 lenocinor

lenocinor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(foxxfella @ Mar 27 2006, 03:42 AM) View Post

If you played Megaman 3 on FCEUltrax or Mednafenx you'll notice a little flickering line above shadowman portrit. I cant remeber if this glitch was in the actual game I haven't played it in years so I dont remeber. tongue.gif
I tried to test it tonite but I keep getting the damn gray screen of death. mad.gif
So I posted the problem on the Mednafen boards and the administrator responded by saying it happens on real a NES hardware. huh.gif

I'm pretty sure he's mistaken(or I have a bad memory unsure.gif ) anyway I tried the game on Rocknes and a few other EMUs and the line was gone.
"wooptie-doo a line glitch get over it...blahblah. biggrin.gif

I can live with it but I'll feel better knowing what he said is 100% accurate

So if someone with a working copy and NES would be kind enough to check this out I would appreciate it.

The line glitch does indeed happen on the real thing. I have three copies and I've seen the glitch personally on all three, played in a NES and an AV Famicom. It's also listed on Game Bugs page on the NesDev Wiki.

#3 foxxfella

foxxfella

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

many thanks biggrin.gif

#4 SlyBeast

SlyBeast

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:50 AM

Ha! That's such a well known glitch between a friend of mine & I; we're huge Mega Man fans. cool.gif Yeah, it happens on the real thing, but it seems that they fixed it on Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

#5 foxxfella

foxxfella

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE(SlyBeast @ Apr 5 2006, 08:57 PM) View Post

Ha! That's such a well known glitch between a friend of mine & I; we're huge Mega Man fans. cool.gif Yeah, it happens on the real thing, but it seems that they fixed it on Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

laugh.gif been many, many year since I played it and I couldn't remember.

#6 pepe2004

pepe2004

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

Off topic but just post to say than the music of the snake man level is one of the best ever on a videogame. I also don't remember the glitch even if I have the one from the nes.
By the way, have you tried Mega Man Wily Wars?:

http://www.mobygames...a-man-wily-wars

Is a remake of megaman 1,2,3 for the genesis, is pretty cool. I suggest the rom Rockman_Megaworld better because Megaman Willy Wars goes at 50fps, at least when I tried it on the pc emulator.

#7 foxxfella

foxxfella

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:01 PM

Bubbleman is my favorite of all the Megaman tunes but Snake man is def one of my favs. wink.gif
now that I think about it Megaman 2&3 had the best music in the whole series IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users