4 replies to this topic

#1 Avenger 2.0

Avenger 2.0

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

I have a problem with Burnout Revenge (for xbox 360) on Xbox Live. About 2/3 of all times I try to join a game, it says that I have to check my network setting or I couldn't connect to other players. This is the only game I have problems with on xbox live. But in the begin the game asked me if I wanted to transfer my xbox live data to electronics arts server. So could this be problem at EA, or do I have to forward port on my router for the EA server?

#2 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Avenger 2.0 @ Mar 27 2006, 06:07 AM) View Post
But in the begin the game asked me if I wanted to transfer my xbox live data to electronics arts server.
Yeah, unfortunately, you have to confirm that you want to create an EA account. Make sure you read the options carefully, though, because the next question they ask you is if you would like to be added to their mailing list or something, and they give you backwards options for answering. Example: A = cancel; B = confirm. If you accidentally press B because you're used to pressing B to cancel, then they'll probably bombard your email/mailbox with tons of EA BS.

#3 Avenger 2.0

Avenger 2.0

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

I did confirm that and I can play games online. But about 2/3 of them I can't join (it says something is wrong with my network settings). Maybe they require me to open a port on my router? But I can't find any info on that. It's only on burnout revenge, other games work perfect on live.

Edited by Avenger 2.0, 27 March 2006 - 12:36 PM.

#4 Mike46669

Mike46669

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

BUMP

Im having the same problem as well.

#5 crobar

crobar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

they ask you is if you would like to be added to their mailing list or something, and they give you backwards options for answering. Example: A = cancel; B = confirm.

after i fell for this i realised how much of a bunch of bastards EA really is..
"hey i know lets reverse the standard through out the game on this one question, so that they "accidently" agree to our spam!"

its like a spoiled kid telling you that you have to be his friend or somthing...

EA is a F@cking shady bastard of a company things like this make me hate their games and not want to buy them anymore.
EA should just make their own console with ads ,repetitive game play and spam.

oh yeah i also have had trouble conecting to the "EA live" servers

Edited by crobar, 27 March 2006 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users