16 replies to this topic

#1 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hello everyone, I really appreciate all the help that I have received so far and finally have my Xbox softmodded running Unleash X and a 160GB hard drive. One problem I have is that the G drive is enabled but has no available space for some reason, so I'm not really sure how to fix that.

My main problem is with the dashboard and it's screen alignment and text. I have my Xbox with composite cables going into my 26" Widescreen HD Tv, but I can't seem to get the screen alignment working correctly. Once I started Halo 2 off UnleashX the top of the screen was cut off. Is there something else to do other than going back and forth between UnleashX and games to make sure the screen is correct when I play? Or should I use a different dashboard or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

#2 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

for your hdd issue, make sure your softmod suports hard drives bigger than 137+ gb. If it does not, then you need to re-softmod with one that does. But first try formatting the G partition and enableing it in unleash x. If that does not work then its most likely that your softmod doesn't support 137+ hdd's. For your scree alignment issue, under unleash x there's an option to adjust screen alignment. adjust it to your likings, save settings, reboot and see if that works. then test the game to make sure it too is aligned correctly.

#3 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

I am still having problems with the picture not being cut off on the left and what seems like the bottom also. I tried using some Mad Catz cables also, but I keep running into the same problem. I also messed with the screen alignment. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

#4 kollapse

kollapse

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:56 AM

here's a stupid question:
did you set the video setting to widescreen in unleashX?

#5 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:44 AM

There is no place on my Unleash X dashboard to change video settings, I know there was before I put in the new hard drive. Here is what my system menu has

Autolaunch
Date and Time
Gamepad
Live Update
Network
Screen Calibration
Sound and Audio
Storage
System

None of those have an option to change video, any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

#6 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(Paul 3000 @ Mar 31 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

There is no place on my Unleash X dashboard to change video settings, I know there was before I put in the new hard drive. Here is what my system menu has

Autolaunch
Date and Time
Gamepad
Live Update
Network
Screen Calibration
Sound and Audio
Storage
System
None of those have an option to change video, any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Under system should be video. But its not in your list. Hmm

#7 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:00 AM

I definitely remember that menu when I had it hooked up before using xboxhdm and installing the new hard drive.

#8 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

Is there a way for me to fix this, because this video option is kind of bothering me? Thanks so much.

Paul

#9 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Paul 3000 @ Mar 31 2006, 06:21 PM) View Post

Is there a way for me to fix this, because this video option is kind of bothering me? Thanks so much.

Paul

You could try getting a fresh copy of unleashx and ftping it to you xbox. Also do you have this problem with other dashs?

#10 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

The only other dash is the MS dash, when I change the video setting in it, it does nothing.

#11 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

I downloaded both EvolutionX and UnleashX off xbins, can I just FTP them over and run them, if so where on the Xbox HD?

Thanks in advance,

Paul K.

#12 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:02 PM

Now I have a problem, I can still boot up games with the dvd tray, however when no game is in I get an error message. I can still get to Krayzie's tools and FTP my xbox. What do I do? I tried taking the backup I ftp'd when I started this whole mess over but that didn't fix the problem. I could really use some help.

Thanks,

Paul

#13 alexpb1

alexpb1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:33 AM

um this may be a stupid question but...'Video Display" is under "System" have you tried going down to system, then going down AGAIN?

...You wont see it originally, you have to keep scrolling.

#14 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:03 AM

Unfortunately I figured out the video thing after I messed around with my xbox. When I run the Splinter Cell exploit and get to the UnleashX menu my options are

Remove Softmod
specify fonts
copy eeprom
etc

I can ftp my xbox, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

#15 Paul 3000

Paul 3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:23 AM

Scratch that I was able to boot up and reinstall UnleashX, now I just have a question about emulators, do I unzip them into a folder and then FTP the folder into the Emulators folder on the E Drive? I searched but couldn't find it.

Also with the G Drive, I enabled it however I've read you have to format it, where do I do that in unleashx?

Thanks everyone, just when I though I had things under control, I screwed them up and fixed them again,

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users