Overburning To A Cd-rw Using Nero
Posted 09 September 2002 - 02:45 PM
1) Can you overburn a cd-rw?
2) If yes to 1, how much can I overburn?
Posted 09 September 2002 - 03:07 PM
Posted 09 September 2002 - 04:24 PM
This will scan your CD media and CD drive hardware doing various tests. There is a specific overburn test which will tell you how much your cd-r/rw can hold.
Just do a search for "nero CD Speed" if you dont already have it. Im sure it wont be too hard to find.
Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:38 PM
But as a trade off you nearly get from 70 to 90 megs more
I don't think CD-RW can be Overburned tho, but regular cdrs are so cheap these days I wouldn't even bother
Posted 11 September 2002 - 01:10 AM
|QUOTE (FordFairlane @ Sep 10 2002, 10:38 PM)|
|I don't think CD-RW can be Overburned tho, but regular cdrs are so cheap these days I wouldn't even bother|
yes they can. To find out how much to set your overburn to in nero follow these steps.
1. go to start -> programs -> ahead nero -> Nero toolkit - > Nero CD Speed
2. once the program is launched go to Extra -> Overburning test
3. Put in the type of media you want to test, set the speed to 4x, and hit start.
4. When it is done it will tell you what time your cd will handle. (write this down)
5. Launch Nero
6. go to File -> Preferences...
7. go to the expert features tab
8. put a check in enable overburn "disc at once" and fill it in with the number you got from CD Speed
9. Click OK
Also burn at 4x and use disc at once mode.
You can't use reuse the cdr that you used in CD Speed. (you can reuse it if it's a cd-rw.)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users