#1 silentkiller

silentkiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:15 PM

I soldered my X2 Lite in, it was working great until yesterday when it randomly started beeping at me. It started as a random problem, and it has been happening more and more. Now, it's at the point where it won't boot up at all and even with the chip disabled it does this. It reboots 3 times and then flashes green/red. Could someone help me fix this? I heard that it might be a short somewhere so I'll check.

#2 silentkiller

silentkiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:37 PM

smile.gif extremely weird, I opened it up, moved some stuff around, and now it works

Just in case it ever happens again, could someone tell me why?

#3 switzch

switzch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:53 PM

usually a connection issue with the d0

#4 Grey Fox

Grey Fox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:06 AM

I have the same problem, it started off just freezing up once and a while. Now nothing comes up on the screen at all, it just re-boots three times then flashes red/green. I've taken it completely apart and tried everything including booting the whole thing out of the casing on a non-conductive surface without the chip removed. Anyone know what causes this or if it's fixable?

#5 hump

hump

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:08 AM

im thinking bios but dont hold me againt it

thx hump

#6 aidan

aidan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 02:22 AM

I had this same problem. I fixed it by getting a new mod chip.

I got my first chip from system-mods.com and the second one from xtrememods.com. Where did you purchase yours?

#7 Grey Fox

Grey Fox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:03 AM

The mod chip is fine I'm currently using it in a different xbox. As I stated it doesn't work even without the chip in it.

#8 Grey Fox

Grey Fox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 01:01 AM

Anyone? sad.gif

#9 deathpulse

deathpulse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:32 AM

I've got the same problem Grey. This is annoying... no Xbox for me! I just read a post above though that states some guy "Fixed the problem by tightening a screw on the motherboard". Sounds sketchy, but I'll prolly try it tomorrow.

#10 dws4144evr

dws4144evr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:44 AM

to be honest with you guys i think i got lucky by tightening the screws possibly by doing that i fixed another problem without knowing it.

#11 Neeero

Neeero

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Computers & Gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 01 May 2003 - 09:00 PM

Same problem, except i have an x2pro, and it only happens when i try to boot with the chip enabled. I'm not 100% confident in my d0 point and my lpc points though...

#12 Grey Fox

Grey Fox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:25 PM

Yeah I already tried the tightening screws thing with zero results. I've tried absolutely everything. There must be SOMEONE out there who has had this problem and has a solution. Seems like lots of people are having this problem or a similar one but there's no definitive solution.

#13 Evil Ed

Evil Ed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 10:18 AM

Having just installed my first modchip (X-ecuter2 Lite), I'm having the same problem at the moment.

On this page they mention our problem by saying: "if xbox boots x3 then red&green flashing something must be wrong with one of the LPC points or you didn't flash your X2P correctly (did it verify ok?) or you selected the wrong bank."

As mine's the Lite version, the BIOS is pre-flashed so that would suggest that some of my soldering is a bit dodgy. I was quite happy with it personally, but just to be sure I'm going to my local electical shop in a bit to get some soldering braid, then I can just start it again from scratch. I'll let you know if/when this solves it.

*edit*
Done it! I de-soldered then reattached the header pin and the mod chip now works perfectly. smile.gif My soldering is usually pretty good but I guess anyone can make a dodgy contact every now and then. So anyone having this problem, go back and double check (or even redo as I did) your header pin soldering.

Edited by Evil Ed, 03 May 2003 - 02:16 PM.

#14 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 03:41 PM

I had that same problem. Yesterday I unsoldered my modchip (cheapmod) and resoldered it back in and now it works perfect.

#15 tkh104

tkh104

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 07:49 PM

Some problems also with my Matrix (Evox3.6 + Xbox v1.1). With mode 1 (both dips ON) I get a short flash of green and red and following flashing red. This seems to be right and the original MS bios starts working. If in mode 2 (ds 1 = 0FF, ds 2 = ON) the green light flashes and the Xbox boots 3 times with eject light flashing red. TV blanks to black and back to normal TV channel so the Xbox does not seem to start the the Evox bios (programmed with WINLPC and verified).

I tried to clean the contacts on the motherboad but did not work. Has anybody solved this problem just by putting some more tin onver the 9 notches for pogo pings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users