X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Apr 3 2006, 09:27 PM) View Post

elupus, will your changes bring back album art?

someone correct me if im wrong, but if you tag the mp3 with the album art in itunes, the pic is stored in a folder in my documents, and not on the actual file.

If you need the image to show up all the time i suggest tagging the file with Album Cover Art Downloader

#17 nuka1195

nuka1195

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:58 AM

I use iTunes to tag my mp3's with album art and they are saved in the mp3.

If your saying using itunes in XBMC with a current build, your getting album art. Then maybe there's something wrong on my end. But it is not that the artwork isn't in the mp3.

#18 Deathlok

Deathlok

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:05 AM) View Post

I use iTunes to tag my mp3's with album art and they are saved in the mp3.

If your saying using itunes in XBMC with a current build, your getting album art. Then maybe there's something wrong on my end. But it is not that the artwork isn't in the mp3.

I should have added that i'm using an older build... approx mid-feb if i recall correctly. I'll wait till the wed CVS build to see if there's any changes to itunes being able to stream.

My artwork always displays through SMB playing of MP3s though and they were all tagged via iTunes.
Wish I could let you know if it shows up through the iTunes DAAP share but since it doesn't work for me right now.... biggrin.gif

P.S. This is an awesome forum for XBMC. Absolutely loving the experience! Wish I had done this a long time ago.

#19 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:54 PM

art isn't available for now using itunes.. it's a streaming protocol, so it has very little support for it.. if the art is inside the mp3, then yea it probably would be possible, however it would be very slow i think.

#20 johns all like

johns all like

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

try installing itunes 4.9 i'm pretty sure i read that itunes 5 and 6 aren't supported with DAAP

#21 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

who says.. i'm running itunes 6.. and since i'm last one to make code changes to it, i would suggest using that.

#22 beefchimichunga

beefchimichunga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:05 PM

Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but if you are still having problems, here is what happened. I was having the same error messages listed already, and then I realized it. I had configured the XboxMediaCenter.xml itunes section to have my XBOX IP, and not my COMPUTER IP. Wow... I hope that helps.

#23 the-tick

the-tick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

Sorry to drag this thread up but...

Could someone confirn that daap streaming does not work with itunes 7.0.1 and XMBC point release 2.0.0 ?

I have shared my library and corrctley edited the sources.xml on the xbox and all I get is could not connect to network server.

I can see my mp3's aac's etc through normal file sharing between the PC and XBOX but I'd really like to get itunes to share :-)

#24 silentbob343

silentbob343

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(the-tick @ Oct 5 2006, 11:55 AM) View Post

Sorry to drag this thread up but...

Could someone confirn that daap streaming does not work with itunes 7.0.1 and XMBC point release 2.0.0 ?

I have shared my library and corrctley edited the sources.xml on the xbox and all I get is could not connect to network server.

I can see my mp3's aac's etc through normal file sharing between the PC and XBOX but I'd really like to get itunes to share :-)

Yes, iTunes 7 does not use Daap. There have been other threads about this issue when iTunes 7 was released.

#25 Dbizz2005

Dbizz2005

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

It gives me error: (Could not connect to network server)

Ive been Trying to get the Itunes (DAAP) to work for the past few hours and no luck, I have read all the older posts about this and nothing has worked.

I have:
Itunes 6.0.5 with sharing on
xbmc 2.0.1 on xbox (newest verion 4-29-07 XBMC PIMPED)
I can browse and play music through Workgroup (smb) on xbmc sharing just fine.

I have edited sources.xml to my computers Ip which is 192.168.0.2 as shown below

<bookmark>
<name>iTunes Network Share (DAAP)</name>
<!-- only use an IP address here !-->
<path>daap://192.168.0.2</path>
</bookmark>

I have also tried by "add source" on xbmc and no luck, any suggestions?

#26 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

Maybe you're already doing this, but you do have to have iTunes running on the computer in order for it to connect.

#27 Dbizz2005

Dbizz2005

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Welll, it all of a sudden just started working ;p Figures. must have had to do another restart of the sytem or my computer to have the network get in sync or something. thnx for reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users