Photo

How Do I Back Up Eeprom.bin With Unleashx? There Is No Option!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nukesgoboom

nukesgoboom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:30 AM

i just recently had success in softmodding my xbox with kingroach's NDURE 3.0 and it installed unleashedx by default as the dash. now, i want to upgrade the harddrive but i need the eeprom.bin.

i have FTP'd into my xbox, and i CAN NOT find any file called eeprom.bin, so i figured that i would have to create it somehow.... but...how???

how can i create a backup of eeprom.bin with unleashx?? please help! im so close to installing bigger harddrive!!

thanks for your time.

#2 sr_sparky

sr_sparky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:50 AM

Unleashx cannot backup your eeprom. You need to put EVOX on your xbox (as an app) and then use its backup feature. You will then find eeprom.bin in the backup directory where you installed evox to.

#3 nukesgoboom

nukesgoboom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:13 AM

thanks for replying!

all i need to do is put the evolution-x files in my apps folder? i already know how to FTP into my xbox. is it that simple or is there more to it?

thanks again man

#4 sr_sparky

sr_sparky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:39 AM

Just like this:

E:\Apps\Evox\default.xbe (which is the evox executable)
E:\Apps\Evox\evox.ini

Then reset unleashx, go to the applications menu, then press A on evox (or something that looks like evox).

#5 nukesgoboom

nukesgoboom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:50 AM

thanks again for replying!!

i successfully FTP'd the evoultion-x dashboard into my xbox and then run it as an app. i went to the 'backup' option, and then it said 'backing up smile.gif' with a smiley face. and then i found the backup folder right inside of where i put the evolution-x dash in the apps folder!!

dude, i need more people like you in my life. thanks so much for your kindness.

now i copied the whole backup folder onto my pc, in a safe place. i wont lose it, as i know this eeprom.bin file is very important to lock the harddrive with.

now i am going to try to use this to format a bigger harddrive. i already formatted it, in windows, so its a NTFS file system which i know cant be used in an xbox because the xbox uses a fat-x file system, so now im hoping that the xboxhdm program will format it for me! there is only 60 megs of stuff on it, and its 80 gigs max.

another question: i was thinking about using some custom sounds for my menu noises, do they have to be in .wma format or .wav? or can it be either?

#6 nukesgoboom

nukesgoboom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

i was able to back up the eeprom.bin with evo-x as an app. thanks again.

#7 Harryt223

Harryt223

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:41 AM

Just to re clairfy.

I used xboxhdm to softmod the xbox.

I assume I also will have to install Evox to backup my eeprom?

I haven't been able to find it recently either.

#8 andwan0

andwan0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

When I google "back up xbox eeprom" this thread was the best answer that came up.

Just wondering how we can double-check or verify the correctness of the backup?

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Sorry, but I simply don't believe you. When I search for "back up xbox eeprom" I get hundreds of relevant hits..... rolleyes.gif

Take four backups - one with Evox, one with Config Magic, one with xman954's eeprom dumper, and one with a hardware eeprom reader. Use fc to compare them with each other, so you can be sure they are all the same. Open them with LiveInfo - if they are corrupt they won't open. When you have them open in LiveInfo, check the serial number against the serial number of your Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users