• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chrislee69

chrislee69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:18 AM

Hi everyone, my xbox was working a few days ago, but i went to turn it on today and the hard drive sounded messed. It sounded loud, and the xbox gave me a code 06 error (cannot unlock hd). I then tried to recover the drive, by hotswapping and using xbhd self bootable iso in the pc. While trying to hotswap my hand touched the power supply (i got one hell of a shock), and I havent had video or sound come out the xbox since. Here is what the xbox does now:

When i press the power button, it will come on for a sec, turn back off by itself, then it will turn on right afterwards by itself. When it does this, it sounds like it seeks the hard drive and dvd rom (like it wants to boot), but it does not produce and video or sound, and the halo around the eject button flashes red and green.

Question: did I blow my motherboard? Or is it a power supply failure?

Anyone know what i might be able to do? I was thinking of maybe buying a new power supply and try that, but if anyone actually knows my motherboard is toast, it would save me the hassle of installing a new power supply in a paperweight.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

#2 mrdan

mrdan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

For future reference, hotswapping won't do anything for an error 06.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users