lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

The game shipped yesterday, so I'd expect people to begin picking it up today. I was hoping someone could give me a quick mini-review. What I'm interested in most however, is the vertical sync. Every other Ubisoft title on the 360 has displayed some nasty screen tearing, as did FarCry on the PC with v-sync turned off. I have this game on pre-order, but I'm not sure I'm going to pick it up. The v-sync (or lack thereof) will be my decided factor.

Anyone?

#2 korn00

korn00

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 28 2006, 06:32 PM) View Post

The game shipped yesterday, so I'd expect people to begin picking it up today. I was hoping someone could give me a quick mini-review. What I'm interested in most however, is the vertical sync. Every other Ubisoft title on the 360 has displayed some nasty screen tearing, as did FarCry on the PC with v-sync turned off. I have this game on pre-order, but I'm not sure I'm going to pick it up. The v-sync (or lack thereof) will be my decided factor.
Anyone?

Ditto this...I am in the same agreement with lowend...no v-sync, no buy.

#3 BigPerm

BigPerm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

I never tried Far Cry for XBOX, is it similar to Halo 2? Not that they compare in quality, but as far as fast paced FPS and online excitement. COD2 online is more sniping and sneaking and I haven't tried GRAW online yet because I really want to get good at the controls first. Are the weapon sets similar to Halo and how about the matchmaking?

I'm not familar with the screen tearing you guys are reffering to, but graphics aside, how's the overall gameplay?

#4 joeyddr

joeyddr

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

is this the same game as the pc version just souped up?

if so i go and buy rumble roses instead.

#5 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

Why do people reply when they don't even know what the game is about?

I'm in Australia, picking it up tomorrow (tomorrow starts in 40 mins), the 30th.

Pre-ordered it and am looking foward to it. Loved the first one, the multiplayer was great fun and the map editor, wow, talk about replayability. The graphics were good for the box, but with the 360, i cant wait! love.gif

Including the original with predator is a great idea, really get 2 games in 1, which is awesome. My friends never got into the first one much, but i loved it. This is gonna be my GOTY (i've had the 360 for 6 days tongue.gif), unless i get COD2, the demo rocked my socks!

I'll report back this time tomorrow with a bit of a review if anyones interested. And no, sorry, i have no idea about this vsync, dunno what it is tongue.gif

Far cry looks so good to me bcos pd0 didn't live up to my expectations, too try hard futurey and tacky.

#6 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

I can't seem to get an answer on the screen tearing issue. I think I'm going to pick this one up anyways. I never played the original FarCry, so it will be a good experience for me either way.

Just incase anyone interested didn't know, the predator content is LOCKED on this disc until you beat the original insticts campaign.

#7 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

i was thinking of getting it but after hearing the content was locked it kinda turned me away. ive totaly played out the pc version on max settings on everything. dont wanna run thru it all again.

#8 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Mar 29 2006, 08:04 PM) View Post

i was thinking of getting it but after hearing the content was locked it kinda turned me away. ive totaly played out the pc version on max settings on everything. dont wanna run thru it all again.

then why dont u get it for the original campaign then?

#9 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

huh? i have already played thru the origonal campaign like 3 times on the pc, dont know if i can do it again

#10 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

Yahoo gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
Here's a quote:

Getting Jack Carver in hi-def is worth it, but only if you don't already have the current-gen version.

http://videogames.ya...ge=0&eid=447914

#11 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:49 PM

That is the stupidest idea ever. You need to beat the POS version to get to the next gen version?

#12 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

I do beleive that is true. I played it at a gaming night, ppl from ubisoft were there. We played a bit of far cry, from the menu, it looks that u must finish the original story first, but then go onto the new one. They have to put the old one in somewhere, and it'd be dumb to put it after.

And hamwbone, the reason this is called far cry 'instincts' predator, is cos its different to the PC version, completely different. Same engine, but completely new story. I havn't played the PC version, probably should cos my PC would support it, but it does have any of the feral abilities, or as i like to call it....Tyrannaprah! (when u get the 'evolutions boost', doesn't sound a fricken thing like the word predator)

But from the multiplayer, graphics were awesome. I actually got a kill in to a guy who played this game everyday in his lunch break! It was 7-1 after a 5 minute time limit, i did ok to get one though, considering his job.

#13 leo5111

leo5111

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:08 AM

all i have played so far is like 5 levels of the xbox version so far but the graphics do look considerably cleaner&sharper"graphics im baseing this off the xbox levels as thats all ive played so far" then the xbox version the enemys to me at least seemed to be smarter then the xbox version all and all im happy with it pop.gif

#14 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:12 AM

so both chapters are completly new to us PC-ers??! SHWEET!!! better look good =) may rent it first

#15 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

It does look 'good', but not great.

I don't like Yahoo's quote though, because it's a bit of a disappointment to be in hi-def when the textures are the current gen, blurry crap.

Probably one of the more disappointing games/ports on the 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users