X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:guitar, kool lookin mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:18 AM

ok i am looking at getting a new hard drive and i need some help i have some question.

1. whare can i get a harddrive that will work like a normel xbox hardrive that can go on xbox games and live?

2. how much would like about an 80 gig cost?

3. do you need a mod chip to change hardrives?

4. if i need one how much would just a cheap mod chip be bcause i mostly just need it for that?

5. what is the differnce from a modchip and softmods because i havent herd much about them that explains why there better and if there is onethat i dont need to solder that would be great cuz id ask my grandad to do it but i don realy trust him lol?

6. if i need a mod chip is it easyer to use the dubble harddrive or what ever that one where u can switc back and forth?

7.how do u do it i know how to unhook and hook up my herddrive but i have a feeling that its not that easy but i dont undersatand all this locking and unlocing buisness i can unlock it with my softmod dashboard if thats why you need a modchip.

please dont direct me to a differnt thread. i have been tryng t get an answer on some of these dor like a week please someone if im int eh wrong thread just email me the answer guitar_chuck416@hotmail.com
and if you move it to a new thread its impossible fr me to find it because you cant use the search feture
and someonecould have already answerd all my questions but the ere probly moved somewhare i dono

PLEASE HELP ME!

#2 only2braincellz

only2braincellz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:58 AM

this is all very easy stuff you can answer by making one attempt at a search in google or yahoo. that is how I learned. its really not that hard to figure out what you are looking for and type it in. You just want to know to much stuff for one little thread and it is all things you should have learned before.... or even at this website. this site is full of tutrials on every single thing you just asked....

Why not help yourself instead of waiting what could be days for someone else to help?

that is exactlly why other people in other threads directed you other places... you refuse to help yourself, therfore making it impossible for anyone else to help you. if you refuse to even attempt to help yourslef... how is someone else gonna do it for you.

Sorry for this.. but this is such easy info yuo could have found out yourself in about 20 min

Edited by only2braincellz, 29 March 2006 - 06:00 AM.

#3 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:03 AM

here is a little help

bestbuy, staples, compusa all sell retail boxed HDD (never had one that could not be locked)
80 GIG @ $40-50

the best way to upgrade is with a gamesave exploit and FTP to get the EEPROM file
and xboxHDM to make a new HDD

if you have had XBL on that xbox then you you will need a "new" EEPROM file
transfered to the MB to get back on XBL with the new HDD

#4 bumr055

bumr055

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:11 AM

thanks the only reason i post questions is because i like to get an answer and then ask like questions on stuff after that cuz usly after i find what im looking for i still need help. and someone said that i need a specail hdd to go on xbl so i wanted to make she b4 i bought a $50 hole. and when u say 40 - 50 is that us or canadian?

#5 viral_dna

viral_dna

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:-XBOX Hardware &amp; Software.<br />-Linux<br />-ITX Systems<br />-MAME<br />-Dreamcast<br />-Programing
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:33 AM

ok i am looking at getting a new hard drive and i need some help i have some question.

Q: 1. whare can i get a harddrive that will work like a normel xbox hardrive that can go on xbox games and live?

A: Almost any New Maxtor, Segate or WD Hard Drive works, there just standard PC drives that support locking of the Hard Drive.

Q: 2. how much would like about an 80 gig cost?

A: 80GB HD's run for $57CAD here, about the same in us I would guess.

Q: 3. do you need a mod chip to change hardrives?

A: It's the better way to do it. And you need one for xbox live anyways.
(I'm not going to go deep on this as it will only confuse you more.)

Q: 4. if i need one how much would just a cheap mod chip be bcause i mostly just need it for that?

A: If you want to use live, and want a cheap chip go with the DuoX2 Chip, its less than $20USD Shipped. If you want a solderless chip thats easy to install and cheap get a HYPER X.

Q: 5. what is the differnce from a modchip and softmods because i havent herd much about them that explains why there better and if there is onethat i dont need to solder that would be great cuz id ask my grandad to do it but i don realy trust him lol?

A: In simple terms a Softmod cannot use live and since you wan't to use live don't worry about it.
A softmod does not require the xbox to be opened, and exploits a weakness in the system that allows you to install and run unasigned code. You don't get the fancy feautres of a modchip wich are basicly LCD support, and running multipull bioses.

Q: 6. if i need a mod chip is it easyer to use the dubble harddrive or what ever that one where u can switc back and forth?

A: Yes.

Q: 7.how do u do it i know how to unhook and hook up my herddrive but i have a feeling that its not that easy but i dont undersatand all this locking and unlocing buisness i can unlock it with my softmod dashboard if thats why you need a modchip.

A: If you unlock your softmoded drive you will need a modchip to start up your system again.
If you have a modchip you can easily remove and add hard drives because its the system thats moddified and not just the Hard Drive.

please dont direct me to a differnt thread. i have been tryng t get an answer on some of these dor like a week please someone if im int eh wrong thread just email me the answer guitar_chuck416@hotmail.com
and if you move it to a new thread its impossible fr me to find it because you cant use the search feture
and someonecould have already answerd all my questions but the ere probly moved somewhare i dono

PLEASE HELP ME!

Everything you could ever want to know is on these forums, you just need some time and paitence to find it

Check out the BST Section for a local modder in your area.

#6 bumr055

bumr055

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:02 AM

Edit: thanks so much man you probly saved me hours of work your awsome! blink.gif

lol i made every spellinbg mastake i could have possibly made lol

Edited by bumr055, 29 March 2006 - 07:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users