#1 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:02 AM

This is ugly. I'm losing fights in 7 rounds that I should be winning in 30 seconds. I'm talking I'll pummel the other guy into ko mode 30 times in a fight, get hugged every single time, and no matter how unskilled the other guy is he wins. I don't understand how to punch before getting hugged. It's a tragedy and I need a tip. How do you prevent the clinch? What do you press to quickly stick it to someone when they're opening their arms to hug you? Also what do you press to do that move where you push the fruitcake off of you?

If anyone can answer this, karma thanks you tremendously

#2 leeko98

leeko98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:27 AM

LOL...

Hold the right trigger to block before they attempt to clinch you and your boxer will shove 'em back into daziness. biggrin.gif Push Y to get out of the manly-love scene and back into fighting when they do clinch you.

#3 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(leeko98 @ Mar 29 2006, 07:34 AM) View Post

LOL...

Hold the right trigger to block before they attempt to clinch you and your boxer will shove 'em back into daziness. biggrin.gif Push Y to get out of the manly-love scene and back into fighting when they do clinch you.

Haha, many thanks. Dandies will be hitting the mat now. Do you also know how to hit them fast when they reach for the hug? Jabs don't seem fast enough, but I've seen it done. Great tip, just what I needed. pop.gif

#4 leeko98

leeko98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:02 AM

That's the only thing that'll stop the clinch, sorry bud. You can prevent an attempted signature punch with a jab/straight, but it's still ineffective on a clinch. FYI, jabs are faster than hooks and uppercuts. wink.gif

#5 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:54 PM

Do a Jab/Straight combo, hit the buttons (or stick) fast and the jab will stop and the straight will put them down 90% of the time....my friends and I play it so much, nobody throws hooks or uppercuts in knockdown mode anymore, they are to slow, we just parry them and get back in.....and NOBODY throws a haymaker cause we can all turn it around like its nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users