Photo

Xlink Kai Problem With Halo Is There A Patch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 kd5bwp

kd5bwp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

When using XLink Kai and within system link of Halo and you trying to select a game or map to play it seems to appear for like 3 seconds max and then it's gone for the same amount of time. What's causing this? Is there a fix for us cheap people that don't like to play on xbox live and want to play in the main arena and have more than one game to chose from... uhh.gif It's really stupid to have to choose a map in 3 seconds especially if the map you want is at the end of the list... mad.gif I know it only happens when you have more than one game in there, and yes I also know if you have only one it will not do this. It's just the computer is in the next room and my dash board has it built in so I would have to restart the xbox every time I want to switch arenas or use the computer in the next room... dry.gif

Another question is there only one router that has the XLink Kai built in the firmware?
Link Dlink or a older ver linksys rounter (model #BEFW11S4) only one I could find was for the wireless g router not the wireless b...

Stephen cool.gif

#2 kd5bwp

kd5bwp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:53 PM

Yes I own the copy I tried to run it off the cd and same result... Unsure how to fix it or if it can be fixed... I read somewhere and can't recall where it was within the froms but people are aware of the problem just wondering if there is a fix?

Stephen

#3 Grimbone

Grimbone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

From what I've read on the Xlink forum, there is no fix for this. Its not a problem with Kai, but rather, it is a problem with Halo and Halo2. sad.gif

#4 kd5bwp

kd5bwp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:25 AM

Someone has to be know to fix it...
Anyone have any Ideas?

Stephen

#5 relevantrhino

relevantrhino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:20 AM

I have the same problem, I just have to move it real quick to pick...

#6 kd5bwp

kd5bwp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:04 AM

Thats what I do but I want to read something before i chose something it just that why doesn't someone fix this Yea I would if I only knew how... dry.gif

Stephen

#7 Boydster

Boydster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

Just tried it myself. Same thing is happening to me.

I did not know you could launch the game with kai all the way back in the America's catagory. Thought you always had to choose a person's arena.

Anyways... I think it has to do with Halo not supporting that many arenas at one time. System Link wasn't built for online play. For real system linked xboxes playing halo 2(4+4+4+4), there might be 2 arenas tops. Can't see it going over that, and definitely not 50-100 like kai will give you.

Or maybe it has to refresh constantly when it has to display that many arenas.

#8 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:05 AM

just make / join a private arena and this won't happen ..

#9 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

It's a known bug in Halo2 and Bungie will not fix it.

The only work around is what c2 suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users