#1 coronaas

coronaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

i recently reformatted my pc ever since then i havent been able to connect to my xbox. i thought it was my box but i just modded my brothers box for him and still cannot connect. i tried using flashfxp, telnet, IE, firefox, and i tried to map my network drive. im using evoX on both boxes, setting defaults. im using a CAT 5E crossovercable.

EDIT:network connection timeout error

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : coronaas-oo9w6k
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NE2000 Compatible ISAPNP Ethernet Ad
apter (Generic)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-04-E2-A2-A7-45
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : MS TV/Video Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 5.0.1.0
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : ed.shawcable.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Motorola SURFboard SB5100 USB Cable
Modem
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-25-93-0A-43
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.148.205.91
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 68.148.204.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.59.184.40
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.59.184.13

Edited by coronaas, 29 March 2006 - 10:00 PM.

#2 mrogers

mrogers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Computers, web design. Linux. Piano. Projects, projects, projects...like modding my Xbox!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:23 AM

Well first of all, you need to tell us which of those LAN connections is the one you're connecting to your Xbox (I'm going to assume it's the first one, not "2" or "3", based on the info there). And you're using a crossover cable, implying that you're connecting directly to the Xbox and you don't have a router, right?

Second, what is the IP address of your Xbox? That's kind of important here.

#3 coronaas

coronaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:15 AM

yes it was the first one and i left everything at default on the xbox so its the standard 192.168.0.3

#4 Orochimaru666

Orochimaru666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:46 AM

Check the simple stuff first ie physical connections and crossover cable. Then try disabling all network connections and create a new one from scratch, making sure to select the proper network adapter on the pewter. Finally make sure that the password and user name are correct, xbox and xbox by default.

#5 _quaKe

_quaKe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:00 AM

How are you connecting your xbox? Is it Xbox > Router, Xbox > Modem? And what's the PC setup? PC > Modem, PC > Router? You need to make sure both PC and Xbox are connecting through the router if you're using a modem also. When you say "Connection Timed Out" it dosen't sound like you're connecting to a live IP. If you want to be sure your xbox is that IP, then ping it. Disable any hardware/software firewalls. This includes firewalls in your modem/router and firewalls that were downloaded from the internet. You can't really disable the firewall in your modem(unless you ask your ISP to do so) but you can port forward.

#6 mrogers

mrogers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Computers, web design. Linux. Piano. Projects, projects, projects...like modding my Xbox!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(_quaKe @ Mar 30 2006, 12:07 AM) View Post

How are you connecting your xbox? Is it Xbox > Router, Xbox > Modem? And what's the PC setup? PC > Modem, PC > Router? You need to make sure both PC and Xbox are connecting through the router if you're using a modem also. When you say "Connection Timed Out" it dosen't sound like you're connecting to a live IP. If you want to be sure your xbox is that IP, then ping it. Disable any hardware/software firewalls. This includes firewalls in your modem/router and firewalls that were downloaded from the internet. You can't really disable the firewall in your modem(unless you ask your ISP to do so) but you can port forward.

You might want to check up on basic networking before giving advice. First, he said he's using a crossover cable, so that implies it's a direct PC to Xbox connection, no router involved (at least I hope so, because I already mentioned this in my previous post and he didn't correct me). Second, and most important, if he did have a router or modem, disabling the firewall in that wouldn't do a damn thing except expose his network to attacks from the internet. The firewall on routers only applies to the WAN port, it's not between the LAN ports. Same with the port forwarding; that's only for incoming ports from the Internet, they have no effect whatsoever on LAN connections. Third, it is highly unlikely that a software firewall on his computer is blocking outgoing FTP connections.

Now, since you tried two different Xboxes, the problem is probably with your PC or your physical connection. First, check the cable: do you have connection lights on your network card when you have the cable plugged in? Does Windows show the cable physically connected in the Network Connections part of the control panel? If so, confirm the IP on your Xbox by checking it in the EvoX settings. Make sure you're actually trying the right IP, don't just assume it's 0.3. Once you've checked those two things, try pinging the Xbox's IP from the command console on your PC. Let us know after you've checked those things.

#7 coronaas

coronaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(mrogers @ Mar 29 2006, 10:58 PM) View Post

Now, since you tried two different Xboxes, the problem is probably with your PC or your physical connection. First, check the cable: do you have connection lights on your network card when you have the cable plugged in? Does Windows show the cable physically connected in the Network Connections part of the control panel? If so, confirm the IP on your Xbox by checking it in the EvoX settings. Make sure you're actually trying the right IP, don't just assume it's 0.3. Once you've checked those two things, try pinging the Xbox's IP from the command console on your PC. Let us know after you've checked those things.

ok so i ran all of these BEFORE i asked for your help...ive been a modder for awhile and am quite embaressed this happened to me and i tried everything i could before i asked for help but here it goes ...

connections lights are on. windows detects something is connected to it but cannot send packets, i pinged the xbox and all 4 packets failed, but it would let me ping my modem using the same NIC card. i dont assume anything and every box i have ever done the IP was 192.168.0.3

i cant figure it out i even asked some hackers (it is a networking problem) and they coudldnt figure it out, and they pointed me here. i could really use some help as i have tried everything i can think of.

#8 mrogers

mrogers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(coronaas @ Mar 30 2006, 12:22 PM) View Post

ok so i ran all of these BEFORE i asked for your help...ive been a modder for awhile and am quite embaressed this happened to me and i tried everything i could before i asked for help but here it goes ...

That's OK, this kind of stuff sometimes happens even to the most experienced!

QUOTE(coronaas @ Mar 30 2006, 12:22 PM) View Post

connections lights are on. windows detects something is connected to it but cannot send packets, i pinged the xbox and all 4 packets failed, but it would let me ping my modem using the same NIC card. i dont assume anything and every box i have ever done the IP was 192.168.0.3

Hmm. The next thing I would check -- and maybe you already have, but it's easy to overlook -- is that the subnet mask on your PC is set to 255.255.255.0 and NOT 255.255.0.0. I'd also look through the advanced network settings to make sure there's no extraneous crap in there, but that's a long shot. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to try at the moment.

#9 coronaas

coronaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

subnetmask is 255.255.255.0 fuck im so stuck i have no idea whats going on my NIC card does work and i just modded my brothers box and left everything at default so it shoud be my PC but everything on it works fine...if it helps im using evoX with the MA hack

#10 4everlearning

4everlearning

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

Not to make anyone sound stupid or anything, but have you made sure you are using port 21? It is easy to overlook that as well.

#11 coronaas

coronaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:02 PM

lol yea i am tongue.gif

#12 _quaKe

_quaKe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

You could always try static and then ping the ip afterwards.

#13 coronaas

coronaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(_quaKe @ Mar 30 2006, 12:33 PM) View Post

You could always try static and then ping the ip afterwards.

i dont know what you mean by this... it is set as a static ip

#14 _quaKe

_quaKe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:34 AM

You said that everything was default, which DHCP is default in the evox.ini.

#15 coronaas

coronaas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

thx for all your guys's suggestions but i just tried it and for some fucked up reason it just decided to work out of the blue no fucking option changes or anything just was like"ok im done fucking this guy around ill give him a break"

thx alot people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users