hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:10 AM

i have been wandering around inside of the oblvion gate by anvil for like 2 hours, ive been in both small buldings and comloetely gona in a circle, ive even tried scalling the cliffs to no avail? help please unsure.gif

#2 saunders73

saunders73

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:26 AM

same here-been in both the towers and all they have in them is nothin
then i continued around the path and it just ended

#3 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:50 AM

UPDATE! im still lost tongue.gif

#4 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:37 PM

Is it a required gate for the main storyline or is it a random gate that popped up in Cyrodiil? I've only been inside two oblivion gates so far, the first one being at Kvatch (storyline). The second however, was a random gate near Chorrol. When I finally made it to the top of the tower, there was no sigil stone. No way to close it.

#5 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:03 AM

its a required gate, has a red marker going to it for the mission. queen says i need to close it. looks like im gona hav to go get a strategy guiude, cause i am stuck!

#6 KMFDM

KMFDM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:53 AM

goto the center pillar dont waste your time with all the other towers if u have a high enough acrobatics you can just jump around the gates that are blocking you but if not then u will have to open them in the other towers. the entrance you need to use to get up in the main tower is at the very bottom of the lower level

#7 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:26 AM

i cant get up to the tower, cant find a path. i can walk completly around the level though.

#8 lorri

lorri

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

There's a door between the first small tower and the second, it's a door and it shows up on the close up map.

Hope that helps..

Lorri

#9 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

if its the one im thinking of then once you enter the gate into oblivon there is a trail behind the gate that goes WAY around into a small tower with a switch that opens the gate blocking the tower

#10 Greenpants200

Greenpants200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:51 AM

Hey guys, just did this one not too long ago and I was stumped for a few also. You can ignore both the towers that are immediately accessible. You need to get to the biggest tower in the distance, on top of the hill. Somewhere (sorry, no details) there is a small relatively obscure door to some caverns that you need to take. I found it on the map, since it shows all entrances. It should say something like "oblivion caves." Take that, those are a little "maze-ey" but its pretty straight-forward if you use the map.

#11 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:40 AM

thanks alot for th reply, however, maybe a spoiler but.........

after completing the last mission all the gates close, you dont have to close but like 2 of them

#12 rororofl

rororofl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

OMG! i finally worked it out!, inbetween the two towers that are accessable, there is a door in the wall (it is rather small), go in there and go from there noting that the reason doors appear on the map but not in the game is because you are not on the same level, just continue going down until you reach the level that the door is on. and go on through it. Just know that if the door doesnt appear in the game but it does on the map, its because you are not on the same ground level as it. good luck!

#13 krims0n

krims0n

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Poker, DJ'ing, Programmer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

Lol, this Oblivion gate confused me too. I circled all the way around, got back to the eye and was like "wtf?". There is a door on the side of the moutains you need to go into and work your way up the moutain through caves.

#14 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(krims0n @ Apr 11 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

Lol, this Oblivion gate confused me too. I circled all the way around, got back to the eye and was like "wtf?". There is a door on the side of the moutains you need to go into and work your way up the moutain through caves.

Took me a while too 'cos I got lost in the caves but I did. In fact, the whole main quest on the same day.

#15 360-geek

360-geek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:53 PM

Im having some trouble with closing the gate northwest of anvil, first I couldnt find my way to the tower and then i found some caverns and I thought this must be it.
So I proceeded down as fare as I could go, maybe to fare, and I jumped down through a hole (without saving) to the mire of ash and now there is no way out, I cant get up through the hole and The other way leads to a door which says "leads to nowhere" and wont open.
I have no save before jumping down through the hole, since i accidentely overwrited it when i wanted to get up again by loading the file (thats the part that makes me want to cry dry.gif )
If anyone knows how to either get up again or some way to continue further down then plz tell me!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users