X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:40 PM

Hello all,
I want to upgrade to the latest EVOX bios and EvolutionX dash, but I don't want to lose anything on my hard drive. I would also like to keep my setup in my dash the same, like how I get to my games and apps. I am pretty new to all of this, and had someone mod my xbox for me. So to say I am a noob. I have a Spiderchip v1.1, and am using EvolutionX as my dash. I am not sure what versions I have of these, I just kinda want to know how to do it. Also my hard drive is 250gb, so would I need to patch the bios? Oh and also, to update to a newer version of a app, I just erase it and put the newer version in the folder, right? Thanks any help, I am really trying to learn all of this stuff.

#2 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:00 PM

yes to all of your questions. yes youll need to patch a bios, yes youll need to delete the old stuff and just replace it with the new stuff. to flash, just ftp the bios to your bios directory in evox and flash from there.

#3 bass4snobunees

bass4snobunees

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:52 PM

Ok thanks. So I downloaded EvolutionX M8 bios_v1.6, and I am going to make that my bios. Now since I already have a working Xbox, I don't need to patch it for bigger hard drives right? How would you patch it? So to install it all I need to do is extract the file, then ftp it into the bios folder on the c:?

Also, when I go and ftp the new dash onto the c:, will that change how my xbox interfaces and looks in the dash menus?

#4 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:31 AM

so you have a v1.6 xbox? dont use that bios unless you do. you WILL need to patch it with EVTool. after ftp'ing it over, you go to settings then flash bios. then you choose the bios and flash it.

and for the second question, im not sure of the major changes between whatever version of evox you have and v3935, but if you edited the evox.ini, then you will have to redo that

also, since you are upgrading your bios, you might as well use the newest evox bios (m8+)

Edited by theperfekt001, 31 March 2006 - 12:32 AM.

#5 bass4snobunees

bass4snobunees

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:16 AM

Thank you I will try this. Thank you for being patient too and responding quickly.

#6 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:41 AM

no problem...good luck smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users