bigballer101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:01 AM

yeah but i mean honestly after playin like rainbow six 3 an this game i honestly think if they fix up graphics and physics this game could be tha next big hit for tha 360 even tho its a huge hit for tha pc

#17 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:17 AM

I didn't think the graphics were that bad; the gun models and reloading animation was good. I just wish the demo was 'lefty' friendly. I just cannot play with you right handed freaks controls. laugh.gif

#18 autoxerFSP21

autoxerFSP21

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

The demo was the first time I've played Bf2. Its a lot of fun, though most people don't know what they are doing.

I think the snipers are somewhat unbalanced with the laser targeting. They always hide by the silo over where flag 3 is and blanket any tank/chopper that comes by.

#19 bluvasa

bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE(d4nk @ Apr 3 2006, 02:48 PM) View Post

i had a lot of fun playing the demo, i could care less about how nice the shadow from my balls looks, it was fun

I don't know about balls, but it is fun.

The balancing seemed pretty good. Sure snipers are one shot kills, but a 155mm Sabot round from an M1A2 will quickly put an end to their camping.

#20 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

UGH! This was horrible!! mad.gif mad.gif I'll stick to the very superior pc version. Man, it's like they screwed it up on purpose to keep the pc game on top. From the graphics to the changed/altered classes and movement, all bad. Sucks so bad, I was hoping for it to be as bad as the pc....

#21 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(jimjom @ Apr 8 2006, 02:45 AM) View Post

UGH! This was horrible!! mad.gif mad.gif I'll stick to the very superior pc version. Man, it's like they screwed it up on purpose to keep the pc game on top. From the graphics to the changed/altered classes and movement, all bad. Sucks so bad, I was hoping for it to be as bad as the pc....

I doubt theyll ever do a straight port of a pc version, 2 bad huh?

review..

http://reviews.teamx...dern-Combat/p1/

The Bottom Line

Undoubtedly, Modern Combat gives you a lot to do, between the single-player Campaign, the various Challenges and what will hopefully be durable multiplayer gameplay. The need to spend a lot of time trying to keep your reckless AI soldiers from rushing headlong into the spray of enemy bullets is frustrating, but it’s what sets this arcade-style game from being confused with the hardcore strategy offered by a game such as Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. That’s not necessarily a black mark for Modern Combat, but if you’re looking for a chess match, you’ll probably be disappointed by what’s instead feels like the kind of war game you played with toy soldiers as a kid in the backyard—lots of bodies flying around willy-nilly and lying face first in the dirt.

Of course, there’s also the fact that, despite the face lift, this is still essentially the same game that came out a few months ago on Xbox. Better looking and sounding, but little fresh in the way of content. That makes it feel more like it was quickly put together for the Xbox 360 user base—a common occurrence when a game system is newly released.

All that makes it hard to recommend for purchase, but it’s truly a matter of personal taste. If you haven’t played any other console version of Modern Combat and/or you’re looking to boost your Gamerscore with some achievements, you may want to add it to your collection. I’d just as soon wait for the next—and not rehashed—Battlefield to show up.

Wheres the fools that argued with some of us saying it wouldnt be almost the same as the xbox version and was going to resemble the pc version? laugh.gif

#22 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

I could put up with a lot of things in the demo like smoke flowing under pavement and having to go prone from crouching to stand back up until I got fragged by an air strike while in the middle of one of those metal trailers. dry.gif

#23 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:07 PM

I played the game on live for about an hour or so on Sunday and thought it was prety fun.

#24 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(esc1 @ Apr 8 2006, 01:17 PM) View Post

I could put up with a lot of things in the demo like smoke flowing under pavement and having to go prone from crouching to stand back up until I got fragged by an air strike while in the middle of one of those metal trailers. dry.gif

I found out that you can go back to standing from crouch just by hitting the left shoulder button, skipping the prone position if you wish.

#25 ethernut

ethernut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

I'll be honest. I think I've had more fun with BF2 on the 360 than I've ever had with Halo2. Yes, let the flames begin (or hopefully not). Really. I know this is just personal opinion. From reading the posts here, it appears that BF2 is Love/Hate. We'll, I'm gonna buy it tomorrow and it's the second game I've liked well enough to buy (the first was GRAW). Ive been playing the crap out of the demo and I haven't even begun to get tired of it. I like the graphics, the physics and the amount of damage that can be done to the environment. There is one thing that BUGS the living crap out of me though. A Tank can get hung up on a 50 gallon barrel. That just sucks and makes me want to rip my hair out. Other than that. It's a lot of fun. I really like how versatile the vehicles are, as you can get 2-4 people in them depending on which one you pick. I also like how it isn't bloody (although it'd be nice to turn it on if I wanted). My 9 year old son likes to watch me play and I don't mind so much since it isn't gory. Thanks EA

Give it a chance... It really is fun.

EtherNut

#26 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(ethernut @ Apr 11 2006, 02:31 PM) View Post

Thanks EA

Give it a chance... It really is fun.

EtherNut

Please don't thank this company... they are the devil... muhaha.gif

glad to see you enjoy it... I d/l the demo and had fun for about 2 games... then remembered the nights on xbox when all I could find was games on Bridge Too Far (damn that voting) and it gets boring quick.... as of now I don't believe I'll buy this game... I feel as if I'd be paying for a shiney version of what's already on my shelf... and my friends lately are gunho over a game they get it and play for a week then complain their aren't any good games... (prolly cause they suck at them)... who knows... once it's out and I see better reviews and player's takes on the game I may pick it up... maybe SAM's will have it by then... I'll get it $5 cheaper... biggrin.gif

#27 loserkid182

loserkid182

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

I traded FCI:P and got this.

It's fun Except the bloody Bridge Too Far Map keeps coming up.

And I've just had enough as the EA servers are shite. Kicked off 3 times in 10 mins.

The single player levels I've seen (done the first defend one, failed on the protect the techie one)

You can't see the enemy through the snow. Hot Swapping is cool though.

Mainly bought to play online but may just go back to the demo if thats the only level people want to play.

#28 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(loserkid182 @ May 7 2006, 05:09 PM) View Post

I traded FCI:P and got this.

It's fun Except the bloody Bridge Too Far Map keeps coming up.

And I've just had enough as the EA servers are shite. Kicked off 3 times in 10 mins.

The single player levels I've seen (done the first defend one, failed on the protect the techie one)

You can't see the enemy through the snow. Hot Swapping is cool though.

Mainly bought to play online but may just go back to the demo if thats the only level people want to play.

I agree 110%
STOP voting for Bridge Too Far,, I have played all online maps and Bridge too Far is the worst, and really makes online play annoying when people keep voting for it. If you like it that much, you should have saved your money and just dl the demo

#29 loserkid182

loserkid182

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Apr 11 2006, 03:20 PM) View Post

I found out that you can go back to standing from crouch just by hitting the left shoulder button, skipping the prone position if you wish.

Quickly Double tap (heh - one in the chest one in the head) the left trigger to go prone whilst skipping crouch and I think you can quickly double tap the left bumper to stand (from prone again skipping crouch)

#30 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

I'm not thrilled with the 360 version... looks to me like a better graphics version of the xbox version... I didn't buy this just rented and am kinda glad... I think the hit system is off a bit... from what i remember the demo and the xbox version was pretty dead on... i'll unload a clip with the smg into someone's head and they get 2 shots i'm dead... maybe i just need to play more... it was the first night i played since the demo...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users