#1 Manabyte

Manabyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:52 PM

I'd appreciate any help anyone might be able to bestow upon me:

1) My background video is choppy, especially the audio. How can I fix this?

2) I can't delete icons. I've tried looking up their locations (TitleImage is the icon file right?) and deleting them via FTP on my computer, deleting them via menu edit, and deleting them via the built in app BoxExplorer. All three let me delete the file, but when I return, the file is still there. Wtf?

3) I have a widescreen TV, but the video background doesn't take up the whole screen. There's a black border around the entire screen. The widescreen selection doesn't help at all. The video resolution itself is 780 X 480. Is this just an issue of re-encoding to another resolution? If so, does anyone know what I'd want to re-encode it to?

4) I have a preview box and want video previews of every emulator. The question is, how do I get a video clip of each one in action?

5) Can I convert an .ttf font set to an .xpr set? If so, how? I don't like some of the default fonts.

Any help would be a godsend. Thanks!

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

1) make sure it complies to Tv playback standards for Pal or NTSC example 25 or 29 frames per second also if its just to high a rez and quality the xbox may have problems playing it, its only a 700mhz cpu

2) Why do you want to delete them ? every time you do UnleashX will extract the image back out of the xbe and replace it next time you run it this is so the game save manager and MS dash have somthing to display and wont crap out

3) Honest I don't know this one I if it set to background it should display full screen are you sure the original video didn't get borders in it have you looked at it on your computer ?

4) You will need to install the xdk and a debug bios on your xbox in order to record any video from what it displays or Buy a video capture card for your PC and plug your xbox into it

5) Yes you can theres a program called fontbundler its on xbins in the Dashboards\MXM section somewhere

#3 Manabyte

Manabyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

Thanks a lot Jezz, you're great at this. I just have a couple of the points to elaborate on:

1) The NTSC standard and frames per second are correct. When you say hi-rez, are you talking pixel ratio or encoding quality? I used Stoik Video Converter using your tutorial to convert to WMV8. Can I use that same program to make the necessary changes?

2) I think icons look ugly. Some of the subfolders have small green orbs instead, and that's what I want everything to have. I also noticed the main menu had no orbs or icons at all.

3) When I play the background using Windows Media Player on my PC, there is a black border. It doesn't fill the whole window unless I choose the "zoom to full screen" option. Is that a pixel ratio problem? If so, do you know what pixel ratio would fill that window or a way I can find out?

4) Sorry for being naive, but since you said bios, I assume that means I need to flash my chip? I have an Xecuter 2 (not the 2.6), and I only have room for 2 bioses. My main bios is Evox and my second one is Cromwell. I had all kinds of problems flashing my chip originally, and I'm afriad of trying again. If it's just an app on the the other hand, then that'd be dandy.

5) No issues here smile.gif. Thanks for the program name!

#4 X_Cheat3R

X_Cheat3R

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(Manabyte @ Mar 31 2006, 02:03 PM) View Post

Thanks a lot Jezz, you're great at this. I just have a couple of the points to elaborate on:
4) Sorry for being naive, but since you said bios, I assume that means I need to flash my chip? I have an Xecuter 2 (not the 2.6), and I only have room for 2 bioses. My main bios is Evox and my second one is Cromwell. I had all kinds of problems flashing my chip originally, and I'm afriad of trying again. If it's just an app on the the other hand, then that'd be dandy.

i think there may be a misunderstanding, but ill answer both ways

if you just want a preview of the emulator to display in unleashx when you select it in the menu, put a file named 'preview.wmv' or 'preview.xmv' in the folder with the emulators .xbe. after you reboot - unleashx will recognize it. you can also do this manually by enabling menu edit in the system settings screen - then click start on any menu item, edit item, and choose the preview manually

if you were truly trying to capture your own videos of the emulator while it is playing on your system, thats when you need the debug bios and NO you dont flash your chip with it...there is a utility floating around online that will install the XDK Debug BIOS and set it all up for you - search for XDK (Xbox Development Kit)

hope this helps...good luck

][x][

Edited by X_Cheat3R, 01 April 2006 - 12:07 AM.

#5 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:39 AM

1) I was talkin about the frame rate but also the encode quality of the file. If its not to big then it should be OK but if your trying to get a 100meg video to play then that might be your problem

2) if you want things to have a standard Icon you will need to get it as a image file and place a file called icon.jpg or icon.png in the same dir as the default.xbe you want it for. If you want icons for non xbe items you will need to go into settings\system and turn on "Allow Menu Edit" you can then highlight the item you want to change in the main menu and press the start button and down the bottem of the menu that pops up is a Edit item section that will let you sets lots of stuff. Including Icons

3) Well the standard for a 4:3 video size in unleashX is 640x480 but I pretty much thought that unleashx should just stretch it to fit the screen no matter what size you use I did notice though that stok video converter ads black bars to things sometimes maybe check it out while its converting

4) what X_Cheat3R said will work fine you don't need to flash the bios you can use a bios loader program to run a debug bios. But i'm pretty sure all the utilitys he's talking about are just for Image capture not Video capture. The only video capture tool comes with the MS XDK as fas as I know

5) Sorry for all the spelling errors I just woke up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users