• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 camppain

camppain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

First off hello and thanks to everyone on here. I have tried searching and reading the tutorials, but I cant figure out what to do. I may be missing a really simple step or something else easy.

I installed the x3 ce with the xapter 1.6 on my 1.6 xbox. Flashed it first with the x3 3294 bios, I got the frag. I pressed the eject and power button to load the bios screen again and this time tried using the Evolution x m8 v 1.6 bios and started it up. At first it didn't so I tried messing with the front dipswitches. The only way my xbox starts up with the evox in the corner is with all the banks set to on (flash protect doesn't matter)
I remember seeing a post or a tutorial somewhere where these were explained. I tried searching in the forums I went to that helped me so far but to no avail.

I have xbmc, xbmp and evox v 2.6 (this rar file is named evox v2.6 boot.rar). As far as the evox which is what I was trying to install, the file is not a xbe file nor does it have an ini file. I don't know if this is the wrong file or if I need to convert it?

All in all the box boots up with an evox logo in the top left. Does this mean I have the dash installed or just the bios (I'm assuming the bios). I try to press different buttons on the boot up i.e. holding the white button down to access some kind of menu or what not, but nothing.

May someone steer me in the right direction as to what I need to do next, or tell my dumb a** that I overlooked a tutorial or a certain step?

*****edit*****

As far as when I loaded the x3 3294 bios, I think the problem I had was that I didn't use the 1.6v. I reflased it and now I see the rox my box logo, and I can access the menu's.

I am still a little confused as far as the evox dash. Do I need to convert the file to an xbe as opposed to the bin file it is, and then load the x3 ini and a dummy file?

Thank you,
Semper Fi ph34r.gif

Edited by camppain, 31 March 2006 - 04:11 PM.

#2 beefmaster

beefmaster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

first you flashed it with the xecuter bios for non 1.6 so find the 1.6 x3 bios and flash it with that. the evox logo is just the bios. hope this helps. the white button only loads the bios menu on x3 bios's

Edited by beefmaster, 31 March 2006 - 04:09 PM.

#3 beefmaster

beefmaster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

if you have slayers 2.6 it should be an iso just burn it to a cd. do not try to open it because it will not work. if it is a rar extract it and build an xiso and burn it to a cd. download winrar to extract rar files

Edited by beefmaster, 31 March 2006 - 04:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users