10 replies to this topic

#1 alw297

alw297

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hi
I`m a total noob with Xbox but I managed to softmod my sons console using the Splinter Cell exploit and an Action Replay / memory card and it worked fine. I`m trying to repeat the success on a second box for a mate but I`m stuck. I have the two zip files on the memory card ( link and linux installer) which I used to do the first box. The problem is that when I start up Splinter Cell and go to start game I`m not getting the Linux profile offered to install the loader. I`ve also noticed that the size of the two zip files changes from 489 blocks to 483 blocks and the loader from 8 blocks to 5 blocks when I stop Action Replay on the PC
Anybody got any ideas, I wouldn`t be so baffled if I hadn`t done it once no problem
Cheers
AlW

#2 GTApimp

GTApimp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:16 PM

Just copy the file from the modded Xbox to the memory card.

#3 Lamer123

Lamer123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

Make sure you are copying the saves to that hardd drive and that you delete any other splinter cell saves that might be on it before you do so .

I would say that the action replay is not bg enough to hold the exploit ( becasue it cant hold some of the older ones ) but you said you allready did it so that is out .

#4 diggnified

diggnified

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:XBOX Modding, Computer Networking, Computer Repair.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

Had the same issue with AR and the Splinter files. I erased everything on the AR Mem Card and put them back on and never have had a problem since. All I can offer. Good luck.

#5 alw297

alw297

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

Thanx for the help and suggestions so far, in reply the box already had Splinter saves on it which I deleted from the HDD , after this the game didn`t offer any profiles at all. I`m not using the memory card that came with the AR, you`re quite right the exploit files won`t fit, I`m using an official memory card which is bigger. I`m going to try copying the files off the modded xbox, anybody help me to do this? I already reformatted the card and copied the files again on the PC but no joy. BTW, the console is a 1.1 made in2002 so I think the softmod should be possible

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

a softmod is possible on any version. Make sure you don't use crappy packgages though.

Edited by krayzie, 31 March 2006 - 07:08 PM.

#7 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

you can not use the gamesave from a xbox that has been modded (the save changes when installed)
FTP a new save directly to the mem card using the moded xbox

#8 Lamer123

Lamer123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Games

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

If you are trying to pull the gamesave from an xbox that has used the save to softmd that box , it wont fit onto the memory card . That is becasue the installer creates a backup folder in the gamesave . You need to ftp over a fresh gamesave onto that xbox before you try to transfer it to the card otherwise it wont fit .

#9 alw297

alw297

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

Now it`s getting well interesting. If I boot the console into MS dash with the memory card in the controller, I can select MEMORY and look at the contents of the memory card but if I press button A the only opttion I get on the saves is to delete them, not copy to HDD. Also, the SYSTEM option from the dash just gives me a load of copyright info but nothing elese. Does this ring any bells? I`m determined to crack this sucker. Thanx guys

#10 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(alw297 @ Mar 31 2006, 09:24 PM) View Post

Now it`s getting well interesting. If I boot the console into MS dash with the memory card in the controller, I can select MEMORY and look at the contents of the memory card but if I press button A the only opttion I get on the saves is to delete them, not copy to HDD. Also, the SYSTEM option from the dash just gives me a load of copyright info but nothing elese. Does this ring any bells? I`m determined to crack this sucker. Thanx guys

problem 1: To copy the save first hit right on the d-pad to select the save
problem 2: Let the copyright text scroll down fully.

#11 alw297

alw297

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

Krayzie, you are the man - I am TOO STOOPID to work a controller and read instructions - gamesaves copied as you instructed, box now softmodded. I can`t thank all of you enough
AlW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users