10 replies to this topic

#1 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:27 PM

Alright, well finally got my xbox fixed from the troubles a couple weeks back. Turns out it was a bad flash, so relocked hard drive to old eeprom, reflashed it to be sure, and got the softmod back up and running. Only one problem: the M$ dashboard won't come up! I still get the customer service warning, though it appears to have fewer languages. I tried copying all of the c: files from another softmodded 1.0 box, but it didn't work. Any suggestions? I was thinking Slayer's, but how will that interact with the softmod, because I would like to restore the current setup I have now. Oh, and it boots official M$ games just fine. Thanx!
PS: Will Slayer's restore everything or just the live dashboard? Will it boot to it instead? Can I access the memory from there?

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

Do you have an exploitable game?

#3 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

Yes, I used AUF for this particular mod, but I also have SC, and I haven't checked the version #s, but possibly a MA that could be used too. I think I'm covered as far as exploitable games go.

#4 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

OK, here is what you want to do. You will need to extract the .iso file from Slayers disc onto your PC using QWIX. Under system/all/c you will find all the stock dashboard files. Via FTP, delete all of your current c: drive files and FTP over the files from the Slayers C: folder. You will also need Krayzies NDURE installer 1.1 from xbins. This is a gamesave that you need to FTP into the e:/UDATA of your xbox. Once you have done this you can reboot your xbox and it will take you to the M$ dash. Load your exploitable game and the hacked save and run through the installer. You will now have the best softmod available and access to the M$ dash. Before you do any of this though, make sure you have your eeprom.bin file from your xbox backed up on your PC somewhere.

#5 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

So I have to redo the softmod after I fix the c drive? Cause the softmod still works fine.

#6 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:29 AM

Well, it's one way to get the M$ dash to work for sure. What installer did you use originally?

Edit: By changing the sotmod you won't lose any of your apps/games etc. So you may as well use the chance to get the best softmod.

Edited by BigSteel, 01 April 2006 - 12:29 AM.

#7 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

I used ndure. It's no biggie, just wanted to make sure i had to do it.

#8 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:15 AM

Alright, did the slayer's thing. Then tried to boot to the m$ dash. Same customer service warning, no error number, and in 6 languages. Then tried to go through the AUF gamesave and restore MS dashboard. Failed to delete. (Screams in agony) I JUST DON"T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

#9 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:30 AM

What dashboard are you using?

Check the files on the C drive and your dashboard
configuration file to make sure the filename for
MS Dash is correct.

For example: You may have msdash and your
dashboard is looking for msxboxdash.

This may not correct your problem, but it is one place
to start.

Have you tried getting the MS dash to work through
a file explorer? That would also help eliminate a
problem with your current dashboard.

#10 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:59 AM

I tried the file explorer before, and it didn't work. But now, after the slayer's, it pulls up the live dash, says live is not responding (i assume softmod at work), and then exits out to main dash. You think it could be in the way the dual retail is set up in the mod? Maybe a misnamed dashboard call or something? Apparently the dashboard itself is working. edit: by main dash, i mean main m$ dash.

Edited by grindar, 01 April 2006 - 02:00 AM.

#11 grindar

grindar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:45 PM

I can also now call the xbox live dashboard up, but it doesn't go live, and I end up at the account management screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users