Photo

Banned From Halo 2 Matchmaking Only. But Why?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:hockey, xbox, computers, technology, modding stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

My freind had an xbox with two live accounts. he said i could have one. so he copied it onto a memory card and sent me the memory card i put it on the card.

I have a softmodded xbox but this is not the reason i will explain why as the story goes on.

So matchmaing was cool for a week i played alot and got to a 25. then one morning the little guy was on and then after playing custom game he tried to do matchmaking and it said this.

and i qoute
"Sorry
One or more players on your xbox has been permanently suspended from Halo 2 matchmaking. You can stillplay custom games with friends and clan members."

Why would it say this the xbox was coldbooted with the ORIGINAL REATIL HALO 2 DISC in it. it still lets me sign in and play custom games so they didnt ban my xbox for softmodding or else they woulda banned the eeprom and i wouldnt even be able to sign into xbox live.

So i tried 2 mor exbox's. one was NEVER MODDED totaly stock and with the accountit gives the same message. i also coldbooted another softmodded xbox and i get the same message.

I called xbox customer support and they said they could help but, i need my friends info but he is outta town and will call back soon. AH IF I CANT PLAY MATCHMAKING I DON'T WANT LVIE.

the xbox had mimesis maps onit, which has nothing to do with it as my brother never selected them or I, WE NEVER HACKED OR CHEATED IN ANY GAME.

#2 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

dammit, i just contatced xbox live suport i got a ticket and got all the way through to the real 'techy guys' and they said they didnt ban me for mod chips, or xbox modification.

They told me to contact bungie because it is a problem with them and their servers, and only matchmaking.
But no phone number for bugnie. why?

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Apr 1 2006, 01:40 PM) View Post

dammit, i just contatced xbox live suport i got a ticket and got all the way through to the real 'techy guys' and they said they didnt ban me for mod chips, or xbox modification.

They told me to contact bungie because it is a problem with them and their servers, and only matchmaking.
But no phone number for bugnie. why?

you get banned from matchmaking for cheating in h2, using modded maps or hacked profiles

it could also be language or other abuse too

Edited by lordvader129, 01 April 2006 - 10:17 PM.

#4 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:38 PM

well i didnt cheat and had all original maps. i has like 4 mimesis maps which has nothing to do with anything. i didn't cheat. but i gained 26 levels in one week casue i had played so much on kai before. maybee the system thinks if you get levels that much. plus i was spanking people in game so i guess that everyone though i was cheating. this is BS.

i contacted the bungie cheating hotline. no reply yet. lordvader129 i added your xbox live name to my account my gamertag is cheesechick.

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:03 AM

just having mimesis maps on the HD can get you in trouble, if you get reported for cheating and you actually arent they wont ban you from MM (thats only if they have proof)

however, if you recieve alot of cheating reports (for being too good) they might flag your GT, which will result in a total ban from Live if you use a large HD

#6 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:32 AM

but why only matchmkaing?
I DID NOT CHEAT IN ANY GAME. NO STAND BY. HAVEN'T EVER USED MODDED CONTENT ON LIVE. NEVER USED A HACK.

lordvader129. can you sign into xbox live i could still talk to you. ill be on my xbox tonight i added you gamer tag. mine is cheesechick.

my harddisk is stock and so is the eeprom

#7 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:16 PM

this isnt right, i never cheated, they only ban me from matchmaking though. this is so stupid. i never frigen cheated. no standby, no modded maps like auto-aim super jump, and i dont even now any glitches or superjumps. this is so bullshit. i can't even playunranked shit. something has to be done about this. ridiculous.

#8 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:39 PM

still banned today, xbox customer support says contact bungie. no phone number and all i can do is e-mail there dumb cheating hotline. (h2cheats@MS.com) and they dont send reply's. WTF what about my account? terrible customer support.

#9 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:34 PM

well tunrs out the detected my mimesis maps in the TDATA folder where the halo 2 maps are saved. they were all mimesis ones and that is why i got banned. luckily they didnt ban my HDD or EEPROM so i can still play custom games, i am going to get a new account now. here is the message from bungie.

"According to our records this account was flagged as playing with modified content. This can happen for a variety of reasons beyond modifying our data files on your Xbox. Modified profiles are often used and there is the possibility that you played on a friendís Xbox that was deliberately modified. This is a permanent ban that will affect all accounts that play on your Xbox.

The only resolution is to completely clean all Halo 2 files off of your Xbox, and to get a new Xbox Live account. At this time there is no appeal process. "

#10 marhanen

marhanen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:08 AM

the same thing happened to me so does anybody know how i can get rid of everything on my xbox, maps softmod stuff and the works.

#11 Bladedspork

Bladedspork

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:03 AM

what bungie appears to be doing is scanning ur tdata folder for any modified content, new maps,modds and profiles, so to clean ur xbox just delete anything u modded

#12 theblujuggalo

theblujuggalo

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Technology mainly but mostly girls
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

this fool is going to be featured in the WHAAAAAAAAMBULANCE section on bungie.net

before you get on live, DISABLE all of your mimesis maps

dumbass

#13 gipperCJ

gipperCJ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:25 PM

I had a buddy copy his hdd for me, and I'm using that one. Where are nemisis maps found just in case there are some on my hdd i haven't found.

I'd like to get rid of them before I sign onto live for the first time since my old hdd crashed.

#14 Bladedspork

Bladedspork

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:28 PM

all of the memisis maps and map pack maps are saved in e:/TDATA/4d530064/$C

i'd recomend delete all of the folders in $C and redownloading the map pack since he might have some modded maps

#15 vestri_matris

vestri_matris

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(theblujuggalo @ Jun 28 2006, 12:28 PM) View Post

this fool is going to be featured in the WHAAAAAAAAMBULANCE section on bungie.net

before you get on live, DISABLE all of your mimesis maps

dumbass

lawl i love the WHAAAAAAAAMBULANCE, its funny how all these ppl admit to modding but say theyll "never do it again" or it was there "7" yr old brother lawl laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users