2 replies to this topic

#1 kmkings311

kmkings311

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:00 AM

Weird. Post didn't save last night. Anyways. Here are my FEW questions. I'm lookin' to do a quick softmod usin' either 007 or splinter cell. I have installed and have a mod chip so I kinda know whats goin' on on my own xbox. Anyways. When I put EvoX on to the Xbox that is softmodded, does it act the same as it will on my chipped xbox? Meanin', putting my games on the HD and emulators and all that good stuff?

Also, I have an old hard drive that has evox on it from my modded xbox. Can I put that HD in a soft modded xbox and will it work fine? Or do new HDs on soft-moddin' boxes needed to created differently?

And, last thing. If a screw up this softmod, can I fix it by rippin' the modchip off my other box and placing into the screwed up soft-moddin' box? Then FTPing the machine and going from there? Thnx!!! As you can tell, my first soft mod project smile.gif

Edited by kmkings311, 03 April 2006 - 12:01 AM.

#2 bios

bios

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:11 AM

Quick answers:
"putting my games on the HD and emulators and all that good stuff? " Yes
"Or do new HDs on soft-moddin' boxes needed to created differently?" Yes
HDD needs 2 be locked with HD pass of X-box on non chipped box, also softmod files need 2 be installed.
"placing into the screwed up soft-moddin' box?" Yes
but if u install the savegame FIRST not mutch can go wrong accept maybe locking your HD but that is where u can use youre chip

Good Luck

#3 kmkings311

kmkings311

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:39 AM

Okay, last thing. I have an 80 GB hard drive w/ EvoX that I used on my chipped xbox. Can I copy the hard drive that is currently being used by the softmod, and replace those files onto the 80 GB HD that was in the chipped box? Or, do I have to start from scratch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users