8 replies to this topic

#1 Anarchy99

Anarchy99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:43 PM

what is the cheapest and esiest moddable handheld?
for backups and homebrew ect
also what has the best homebrew selection

#2 Anarchy99

Anarchy99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

?

Edited by Anarchy99, 02 April 2006 - 07:27 PM.

#3 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

I know the cheapest and easiest way to get banned and you are doing it.
... and I dont know the answer. But, I am guessing you could search and not make 2 threads about the same thing. And, not bump your own thread in 34 minutes.

Edited by throwingks, 02 April 2006 - 08:14 PM.

#4 Anarchy99

Anarchy99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

ok what happened with the double post is the 1st time i got a mysql error of some sort and i thought it didnt post so i re posted
then when i noticed one there i went to the 2nd one and said sorry for tyhe double post
little did i know that atleast when i clicked on the 1st there was no message in it so i edited the sorry for the double post and i had to put something soi put a question mark

#5 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:00 PM

Here is your answer. DS. Psp is pretty much utterly worthless unles you want to play sports games and the cards are expensive. Ds+ supercard+2 gig SD is the way to go.

#6 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Anarchy99 @ Apr 3 2006, 11:32 AM) View Post
ok what happened with the double post is the 1st time i got a mysql error of some sort and i thought it didnt post so i re posted
then when i noticed one there i went to the 2nd one and said sorry for tyhe double post
little did i know that atleast when i clicked on the 1st there was no message in it so i edited the sorry for the double post and i had to put something soi put a question mark

That's no problem but be sure to contact a moderator if you double-post by accident again.
To answer your question, the PSP is probably the easiest to mod since it's just software but it has its limitations because of the firmware updates and compatibility. I recently modded my DS and I have to admit that it's fairly easy albeit a bit more complicated than the PSP. I guess it all depends on the games you want to play. If you prefer the games on the DS, then buy that, if not, get a PSP. The PSP has some nice emulators. I haven't tried much homebrew on the DS yet so I couldn't tell.

#7 Chron Johnson

Chron Johnson

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:41 AM

What do we know about the new DS Lite and its functionality with the Supercard? Also, what of the Supercard's ability to play GBA games? Is this possible? If a "modded" NDS can play GBA games as well off an SD card then that's just as good as diverse emulation in my mind. Also, does hacked DS firmware provide for file / ROM browsing support off a large SD card, or is file browsing something that has to be zapped onto each SD card? If the former, then is there ZIP support or is that too chron to hope for?

Edited by Chron Johnson, 04 April 2006 - 01:43 AM.

#8 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(Anarchy99 @ Apr 3 2006, 07:32 AM) View Post

I apologize

#9 Anarchy99

Anarchy99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Apr 4 2006, 02:37 AM) View Post

I apologize

no worries

0 user(s) are reading this topic