#1 EcL|PsE

EcL|PsE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

Hey,
First off, I have 0 creativity, and i am a terrible drawer, even worse on the PC. Here's the gist of it. For my 18th birthday i wanted a tattoo on my back, along my spine high up below my neck, inbetween the shoulder blades, i want a Celtic Cross (im irish). Somewhere on it, my last name ENNIS. across the ring going around the cross,the family motto, in gaelic, DE SUALICE AGUS CROGACHT (proper gaelic: de suáilce águs crógacht), one word per section of the ring inbetween the stakes of the cross. I came up with a shitty sketch of what i wanted in paint
IPB Image
(above the family initals, in that ring, is where i want the motto, but i didnt no how to do that)

I showed it to a graphic designer on the net, and this is wat he said and came up with
"The nice thing about celtic art, or in this instance a celtic cross is that it is all about the knot designs... thats what makes it more intresting than just a plain cross in my opinion... Here's an example i made, i just used a simple knot design, but its just so you get the idea... " and heres the image: IPB Image

i liked it a lot, but a) i want to incorporate the ENNIS (in a celtic font, lower cased) to the middle stake off the cross, or atleast somewhere on it, and maybe change the shape, so instead of having straight corners etc, have the stakes flare out maybe, then bubble out on the tops; i dunno. Also, have the family initals in a Nail, on each of the four cornersof the cross, like J in a nail in the top left, and E in another nail on the top right, meaning Jordan Ennis, etc. etc. for all family members: EX of flared stakes: IPB Image

Like i love what he came up with, but, i really want everything INSIDE the cross, especially the ennis, and the motto in the ring.

Can one of you guys help me out? Ive seen the shit some of you have done and it is unnnreal. So creative and overall just fuckin sweet. Please? it was my 18th bday 3 days ago now and i still havent heard back from that dude after tons of emails etc, and i desperatly want this as something memorable for my 18th birthday.

Thanks guys:)

PS.
because there is an inconsistency between the length of the 4 words of the motto, fill out the circle by having a thicker line in the middle ending at the start of the word, and begining again at the end of the word. EG.)
IPB Image

thanks again!

(a layout of some ideas etc.) http://i8.photobucke.../je61/tats2.jpg

Edited by awal, 03 April 2006 - 02:38 AM.

#2 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:06 PM

I could help you out with this, but can you link to that last picture instead of posting it? It's a pain in the ass having to scroll left and right.

Or you could delete it from your photobucket account and repost a smaller version. Since the entire right half is just white, you could cut that part off.

#3 EcL|PsE

EcL|PsE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

thanks buddy
and yeah forsure, give me 2 secs k

what the hellllll, i dont have an EDIT button on my first post.... wierd. heres the link(s):#1, #2 (slight change)

#4 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:39 AM

I edited it for you.

#5 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

for the record, photobucket has a resizing feature, so that you don't have to delete and re-upload...

#6 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:55 AM

wow I never even realized that
thanks for the tip!

#7 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

EcL|PsE thats a really painfull spot to get a tat.
but i think the second one is the best so far

#8 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for the edit, Awal.

I pretty much left that guy's knot designs alone. I also made an example of what it would look like on your back. I hope you like it, man. I'm going to be real busy this week so I doubt I'll get a chance to fix it if it's not perfect. If you don't like it at all, I'm sure one of the other guys here can give it a shot.

IPB Image

IPB Image

#9 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:36 PM

Nice tongue.gif you even gave a preview lol

#10 Agrooreo

Agrooreo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

Wow. Would've thought I can get tats designed and preview on x-s??? Damn its really turning into a one stop shop for everything. tongue.gif

#11 Hazanko

Hazanko

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:GFX, Computers, Life, Friends, the basics i suppose ;) i like to fool around with my Xbox also tho.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

i'm loving that metal wink.gif gj on it.
and i love the preview, that wouldn't happen to be you trying to show off is it? tongue.gif
@EcL|PsE: i'm just wondering how large you are wanting it?

#12 pitbullz

pitbullz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

great job metal. Ive done a few tattoos myself they can get tricky depending on the shading. excellent work as usual man smile.gif

#13 INSANE GAME

INSANE GAME

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:23 PM

Very nice.
My spine wasn't all that bad.
I have a tat on my back took just over a year to complete. I went every three weeks for 13 months.

Good luck with your tat.

#14 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Apr 4 2006, 09:37 AM) View Post
that wouldn't happen to be you trying to show off is it? tongue.gif
LOL No, that's not me, man.

#15 EcL|PsE

EcL|PsE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:25 AM

wow thats wierd i thought i replied yesterday.. odd
anyways, unreal work man

i dont want it that big, maybe about 6 inches, starting at the top of the neck of a shirt.
a) could u maybe try to make the motto's font a simple, easy to read one?
cool.gif try to place the families initials in the tops oif the four corners of the stakes?

thanks so much man!
wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users