• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xtradowner

xtradowner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

I know you can't play psx discs with the xbox drive. Ive taken bin/cue files and put them on a dvd+r with nero as a data disc. Pcsxbox sees the files on the disc, but when I select a bin at the select game screen and it goes to the loading screen and then returns to the select game screen almost immediately. I know the images work because i tested them on my pc and also one of the images is on my xbox hard drive and works fine. Is tis a problem with pcsxbox using the r:\ or s:\ drive (the one that says iso93096 after the drive name)? or is this a burning/medium problem? help!

Edited by xtradowner, 02 April 2006 - 07:41 PM.

#2 bko376

bko376

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:56 AM

Bump. I wanna do this too. I wanna emu ps on my xbox, but don't want to take up so much space, so I want to burn them to disk. Can it be done?

#3 xtradowner

xtradowner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

Im using v13, but I read in xport's release notes on v3 that it can be done. he talks about doing it with no comments on it needing anything special just burn the bin, pop the disc in, open it up in pcsxbox through the r: drive and select the bin. Yet, its not working for me. the data disc works on my computers emu but not pcsxbox. Some1 please enlighten me as to what the frikkn prob is ova here.

#4 atkafighter

atkafighter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:09 AM

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have the same problem, but I have been able to play off the Xbox's own HD, but when I try to use a DVD (it only works from "S" drive and not "R" like it should) it just returns to the previous screen. Does ePSXe work with DVD-Rs? If so I may just learn how to do the whole Linux thing, and go from there.

#5 Cospefogo

Cospefogo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:23 AM

Hey hey!
Up!

For me EXACTLY the same. Since I am still (not for much time) using
the retail HD, my free space is really small. I spent many days
trying to make these BIN+CUE run from DVD-R but no results.

The same happens to me.
The only difference is that I am nt able even to run from HD.
I did copy Final Fantasy Origins image to HD but the emulator
freezes on the loading screen. (At least it does not return
to the previous screen like while loading from DVDrom unit.)

I really gave it up.
Too much time and no results.
I will keep an eye on this topic!

Regards, dudes!
Cospefogo.

#6 zenstrom

zenstrom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:24 AM

It has to do with PCSXbox not being able to read discs in ISO9660 format, which is what most burning software is set to burn by default. I think if you burn in UDF mode you'll be ok, but here's how I solve the problem:

1.) Make a new folder.
2.) Take all of my ISOs and put them in that folder.
3.) Download Qwix, and there's a big button to the left to create an XBOX-compatible ISO.
4.) Click on that and go to the option that lets you create an ISO from a folder, pick the one you made earlier.
5.) Once it's finished, you have a nice .ISO file that you can burn in Nero as an image (NOT as a data DVD)

The one problem with this method is that, since they're in an XBOX format you can just put them in your PC drive and pull the ISOs off if you need to for some reason. Of course you can rip the ISOs off the disc using FTP or something similar.

Xport is updating PCSXbox so maybe you should request ISO9660 support be added.

#7 atkafighter

atkafighter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:55 AM

zenstrom you are my hero! This method works perfectly! Thanks so much for the help!

Edited by atkafighter, 04 May 2006 - 04:56 AM.

#8 Cospefogo

Cospefogo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(atkafighter @ May 4 2006, 01:02 AM) View Post

zenstrom you are my hero! This method works perfectly! Thanks so much for the help!

Yes!
Worked for me too!
PSX Bin + Cue on DVD-R running fine!

But I tried the same trick for FBA XXX Pro roms,
and the emulator's DVD Browser feature still does not browse anything.
I quit!

(c:
Cospefogo.

#9 silentViper

silentViper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(zenstrom @ May 4 2006, 03:00 AM) View Post

It has to do with PCSXbox not being able to read discs in ISO9660 format, which is what most burning software is set to burn by default. I think if you burn in UDF mode you'll be ok, but here's how I solve the problem:

1.) Make a new folder.
2.) Take all of my ISOs and put them in that folder.
3.) Download Qwix, and there's a big button to the left to create an XBOX-compatible ISO.
4.) Click on that and go to the option that lets you create an ISO from a folder, pick the one you made earlier.
5.) Once it's finished, you have a nice .ISO file that you can burn in Nero as an image (NOT as a data DVD)

The one problem with this method is that, since they're in an XBOX format you can just put them in your PC drive and pull the ISOs off if you need to for some reason. Of course you can rip the ISOs off the disc using FTP or something similar.

Xport is updating PCSXbox so maybe you should request ISO9660 support be added.

I've now been through 5 DVD's with no luck. I've read every FAQ and "Read this first" I can find on PSCXbox and I still can't get the thing to read the contents of the DVDs.

I'm using Nero 7 as my burning util. I've tried:
1. DVD ISO9660+Joliet w/the .img/.bin files in the root
2. DVD UDF w/XBox Compatibility - files in root
3. DVD ISO9660 v1 (no Joliet or extras) - files in root
4. DVD ISO/UDF w/XBox Compatibility - files in root
5. Method described above

Neither the S or R drives will acknowledge the presence of a DVD. I just downloaded PSCXbox 1.9 (though the app shows as 1.5 in EvoX) from XBins and it works fine with images that have been FTP'd to the HD. I'm running EvoX 3935.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#10 Vejita

Vejita

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Silentviper, try SimpleX ISO.

#11 silentViper