#1 JAKK

JAKK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:54 PM

Hi. I recently purchased a new 80 gig drive to put in my xbox. I backed up my eeprom.bin and other files and burned them on a xboxhdm cd. I had no problem making a xbox hd from scratch. However,when I try to lock it,
I get some strange problems. If I choose option 3 and say lockhd -a,it searches all of the drives for the linux cd and then says that it can't find it. I tried renaming linux.boot to boot.cat,but that didn't help either. The odd thing
is that I can manually execute the lockhd -a command if I cd to the ldots/2.6 directory. When I do this,it asks me to confirm locking the drive,and I say yes. After that,it just says "Detecting hard drive status.." And gives me information on the hd such as the hdpass and hdkey. However,it dosen't confirm that the hd is locked. I tried making a dos floppy,but for some reason it can't find the password file. I have tried reburning xboxhdm 6 times and have tried re-backing up the eeprom. Sorry about the long winded post,and thanks for your help.

#2 JAKK

JAKK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:24 AM

Sorry about the double post,but I can't find the edit button for the life of me. I tried locking the hd with dos,but I accidently hit enter and made a blank password. I then tried to lock it using my eeprom password that I printed out,and it said that it was locked with that password. However,I get an error 6 when I put it in my xbox. I tried unlocking it with the same password,but it won't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users