#1 LoXodonte

LoXodonte

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

I'm about 95% on the skin atm. Got a couple of hang ups however:

First, I wish their was a way to bypass the UXSplash.png loading logo all together and just go straight into my intro movie. I haven't got a clue how to do that, or if that's even possible. As a second alternative, their is a picture I'd subsitute in it's place, but I wish their was a way to get rid of the fade effect. It's not a smooth fade anyway when it's loading all the junk I got going on.

3rd problem I'm having is with the playlist. For some reason the tracks will appear outside of the playlist box. The other issue with the playlist is that I can't see the last song on the playlist! In otherwords, if I have 44 tracks, I can only see 43, the last one I can select, but it's off screen (this isn't a video calibration issue)

Anyway, on to the screens. It's basicly Project Mayhem III 1.0 with a ton of garbage on top. I'm pretty satisfied with it right now with exception to the CD Icon that looks like a donut. The Main Window plays my custom movies from my fav games, Driv3r, Resident Evil 4, RTCW, Fable. The Little TV on the left is also animated! It basicly displays LoXBoX with a bunch of static and kinda dances around, that is until you're browsing applications or games. The TV has a semi translucent screen with shading/interlacing so icons kinda look like they're on tv. =D Here's the Pix. Take notice of my problem with the playlist.

IPB Image

IPB Image

View all the pix here: http://s16.photobuck...onte/Xbox/Dash/

#2 LoXodonte

LoXodonte

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:23 AM

crap, just noticed the skin subtopic. Anyway to move this topic?

#3 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:24 AM

1) you can't remove the splash the best you can do is replace it with a black one or change it something else. to change it just make a 640x480 jpg image and call it UXSplash.jpg then put it int he skin dir and reselect the skin

2) you didn't say what 2 was

3) You need to edit the image and cut the bottem off itso its even I used to work around a long standing bug in unleashX now that its fixed that version of the skin is bad and needs the original image to have the empty space below it cut off

#4 LoXodonte

LoXodonte

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:33 AM

1) I originally used 640x480 but noticed that images looked kinda pooie. 1280x1024 creates a smoother image.

2) I did say what two was! I just put it in the first paragraph. tongue.gif I wanted to get rid of the fadein-fadeout effect that displays with the flash logo

3) I'm a bit confused here. The stock media player will keep all the tracks in it's playlist window and scroll it fine. Is their anyway I could look at the scripting for the built in skins? Or is it possible that I could use the PM3 Media player with the stock playlist?

Btw, watcha think of the crazy green? Wish I could talk you into adding some of the new unleash features to this skin.

#5 LoXodonte

LoXodonte

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

actually 1280x960 to maintain aspect rashio, but my paticular pic was kinda tall anywho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users