• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

Bankshot Billiards 2 Achievement Guide:

Bankshot Billiards is easily one of my favorite XBLA games, I've recently decided to attempt 100%ing the game. While I haven't yet reached that goal it's fast approaching and I've done lots of research elsewhere to determine the easiest ways to complete the game.

Notes for ALL Achievement - You can earn any of these achievements no matter what you're options are set to, so you can turn your guide all the way up and the CPU skill all the way down, Infact you can earn these achievement playing either solo against the computer or multi against a human (or yourself wink.gif ).

Bankshot Amateur - Win 5 Games
The fastest way to do this is to Set the Aiming guide to 3 and the CPU difficulty to 1, and go play some 3-Ball. Alternatively you could setup a 2 player game of anything and just make the non achievement earning player loose. 3-Ball is still the fastest game though. Going for the Shark achievements and the hustler achievements will work towards this too so go for them first.

Bankshot Pro - Win 10 Games
Use the same technique as Bankshot Amateur

Bankshot Champion - Win 50 Games
Use the same technique as Bankshot Amateur

Lucky Break - Win a game of 9-Ball by sinking the 9-Ball off the break
This really is just a lucky break, I find that if you put between 15 and 25 on the angle of your break you have a higher chance of sinking the 9 ball, it's more common an occurrence then you might expect though (maybe 1 in 10).

8-Ball Shark - Complete 5 games of 8-Ball without loosing a turn
The easiest way to do this is to sign in another player and have that player start a local multiplayer game against you (the one you want to earn the achievement). Then have the non-achievement-earning player break and immediately sink the 8-Ball without loosing a turn. Since you never lost a turn (because you never made a shot) and since you won (because the other player sunk the 8-Ball early) it counts towards this achievement (as well as the hustler and ultimate hustler achievements). I'd also recommend putting some english on the top of the ball during the break, this will push the queue ball through the balls to the other side and position you much better to sink the 8 ball.
Going about this without cheating is very difficult. Even cheating for this achievement is much harder then it sounds.
I should also note that you MUST play the normal 8-Ball game for this achievement, European 8-Ball doesn't count.

9-Ball Shark - Complete 5 games of 9-Ball without loosing a turn
Basically just get 5 lucky breaks, it's a bit more difficult then cheating for the 8-Ball shark achievement but since it's based almost completely on luck it takes everyone just about the same amount of time to earn.

Bankshot Hustler - Win a total of 50 games in any game mode, not including 3-Ball, without loosing a turn.
Use either the strategy for Sharking 8-Ball or Sharking 9-Ball, it'll take a while so just keep plugging away at it.

Bankshot Ultimate Hustler - Shark 5 consecutive games of 8-Ball, or 9-Ball, or Cutthroat, or Euro 8-Ball, or 14.1 Continuous
Use either the strategy for Sharking 8-Ball or Sharking 9-Ball, the key here is that the game does not count if you exit before it's over, so if you start, and mess up just exit the game and try again. Keep going until you've done 5 for the achievement.

Trick Shot Master - Complete 50 or more trick shots
Setup is the key here, take your time to setup your shots, You can also pause the games and view a demo of how the trick should be performed, try to recreate the demo EXACTLY. If you're having trouble with a particular table, skip it you don't need to complete all the tables to get the achievement just 50 of them.

Pro Golfer - Come in under par on all the golf tables
You must complete all of the golf tables, but you don't have to get each one under par, just make sure your overall table AVERAGE is under par. I completed with some tables as double bogey and even one was Par +3. Also take your time to setup your shots, very rarely do the default shot settings work, think about how you can put back spin and english on your shots, and shoot lightly in most cases. Red balls you can't hit at all (+2 shots), and yellow balls you can hit but not sink (+1 shot). If you barely touch one red ball or slam and sink all of them in a single shot it doesn't matter it just counts as a single penalty. Because of this I found on some tables (particularly the single ball 4+ par tables) to just plow through the red balls. In those cases the single shot + penalty is better then taking a whole bunch of difficult shots. Doing the table the "right way".

Speed Freak - Complete all time trial tables in under a minute
This one is easily the most difficult achievement in the game. Thankfully it's not as difficult as the Achievement description makes it sound. Instead of having to complete each table in under a minute. The average of all 12 tables must be under a minute. Even still it's the most challenging of all the achievements. Some advice: put a little angle and low english on your shot, this will cause the ball to backspin or stall after it makes contact instead of wasting time rolling around the table. Also if you need to think about your next shot, pause the game to stop the timer. Also I found it was faster if I held the right trigger to slow down the movements when adjusting your shot.

Bankshot Billiards Addict - Play 200 Games
This one is misleading as you actually have to WIN 200 games not just play 200 games, So for this you should use the same strategy as Bankshot Amateur.

#2 taikwondoejoe

taikwondoejoe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

When your trying to do the trick shots, press the back button. It will show you how to do it, but it adds 30 seconds to your time

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:27 PM

good tip beerchug.gif

#4 gordman

gordman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

That's an interesting review, thank you for your tips, I really needed these informations. I play online pool for almost a year and I still have a lot to learn. You are quite good at it. I would certainly like to see more of your threads.

Edited by gordman, 21 August 2007 - 04:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users